Meet the Mormons Movie

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Meet the Mormons Movie

Post by scott715 »

Saw the movie today. It is awesome. I highly recommend going and taking your friends with you. As a side note, I am now a Navy football fan after the cougars.

Rotten Tomatoes Review http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/meet_th ... earch=meet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the mormo

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Meet the Mormons Movie

Post by Ddawg »

It looks interesting. My initial reaction is "caution" just because I hope it's done well (not goofy). I will check it out. Thx for the recommend.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

Ddawg wrote:It looks interesting. My initial reaction is "caution" just because I hope it's done well (not goofy). I will check it out. Thx for the recommend.
It was done well. Not goofy at all, but rather very inspiring.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Ddawg wrote:It looks interesting. My initial reaction is "caution" just because I hope it's done well (not goofy). I will check it out. Thx for the recommend.
It's done very well--it was intended to replace the Joseph Smith movie on Temple Square, but they opted to release it to regular theaters once it started coming together. Jared Hess had nothing to do with this film.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

I'm anxious to see the movie; the trailers have looked really good. I have been very nonplussed with the promotion of the movie. The best Mormons can do in promoting a movie about themselves is to copy Hollywood?

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote:
It's done very well--it was intended to replace the Joseph Smith movie on Temple Square, but they opted to release it to regular theaters once it started coming together. Jared Hess had nothing to do with this film.
Jared Hess? As in napoleon Dynamite? :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I loved it. Every one of the people featured was outstanding. It illustrates the strength of the church which is all of us whatever our race, color or background. Imagine someone from the Himalayas serving the Lord from as far away from SLC as you can get. Halverson, the candy bomber, may have been the closest to a famous Mormon. It's wonderful to contemplate the joy he brought to those starving kids who'd known so much hatred and death. Sooner or later the Lord triumphs with people like this, and people like you.

billbillbillbill
BLUEshirt

Post by billbillbillbill »

My wife and I went and saw it and really enjoyed it but I have been conflicted because I had a hard time believing that "friends of another faith" would put down $10 a ticket to see this. I was trying to figure out the target audience. In expressing my question, someone explained that by making this a commercial film, it should be able to be picked up by Netflix where people can have the option of viewing it in the privacy of their own homes. It finally clicked.

1967cougar
Junior

Post by 1967cougar »

I was deeply spiritually touched while watching it and my wife and I were the last ones out of the theater because I couldn't stop bawling for quite a while afterwards. There is no greater feeling than having the Holy Ghost testify to you of the truthfulness and goodness of something.

And I, too, have become a Navy football fan!

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I think Navy needs to promote the movie.