In-N-Out is now Out-N-Out and 5 Is 1

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

In-N-Out is now Out-N-Out and 5 Is 1

Post by urroner »

Is a national survey of which fast food chain has the best burger and fries, the Golden Arches get numero uno for fries, nobody else even came near. I love their fries, but they came in really low on their hamburger, only getting 7%.

And what was the #1 joint for hamburgers, well, sorry In-N-Out fans, from one I can see, your favorite place is only #4. "What!? How is that possible? How is that even conceivable?" you say. Easy. Hey, Wendy's even beat you out. They were #3.

And what is the #1 burger in America. Well there are two #1's. Burger King and Five Guys tied for #1.

Okay, Burger King makes a decent hamburger, but Five Guys makes a great hamburger. My boys, whenever we go out, that's where they want to eat. Whenever I have to make a road trip for my job to Orlando, the guys who go with me always want to swing by Five Guys for lunch. I love Five Guys and now they have those soda dispensers which offer a thousand different flavors, it's even better.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccart ... fographic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
ABYUFAN
Pro

Re: In-N-Out is now Out-N-Out and 5 Is 1

Post by ABYUFAN »

Five Guys fries are way better than Mc Donalds. The Five Guys burgers are as good as In-n-Out, but just cost twice as much.

I'm fine with In-n-Out being that low on the popularity scale, the lines are too long there now anyway. Hopefully more and more people will go eat at Wendy's so the line in In-N-Out will die down some.

PS Who needs 5000 flavors of Soda? As long as one is Dr. Pepper, it doesn't really matter what the other ones are.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

In-N-Out was a good change of pace, "Hey, we're in SoCal/Vegas, so lets do something Animal-style!" place, but as an every day fast food joint, it blows--underwhelming burgers, horrendously slow, and styrofoam fries. You can get past that for a "cultural" or "local" experience, but not a national chain.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Hate In-n-Out fries. But their double double cannot be beat. I have never eaten a burger anywhere I would take consistently over a perfectly cooked double double with onions.

My ranking of national or well known Utah burgers:

1. In-n-out
2. 5 Guys
3. Wendy's
4. JCW's
5. Carl's Jr
6. Burger King
7. Coney's <-- this used to be top 3, but their quality has completely fallen
8. McDonalds
9. Poop
10. Smash Burger

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

snoscythe wrote:In-N-Out was a good change of pace, "Hey, we're in SoCal/Vegas, so lets do something Animal-style!" place, but as an every day fast food joint, it blows--underwhelming burgers, horrendously slow, and styrofoam fries. You can get past that for a "cultural" or "local" experience, but not a national chain.
I have only eaten fires at In-N-Out "animal style" for a long time now. Easily the best fries in the business when ordered that way. As far as plain fries go, they're not spectacular.

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

Just curious here but all those other places r pretty much in every state but in and out, I would think it would be lower..

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Any poll that has Burger King tied for the best burger has zero credibility.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

Schmoe wrote:Any poll that has Burger King tied for the best burger has zero credibility.
Agree

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

Fatburger.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

The two I think are most out of place are Burger King and Carl's Jr./Hardees.

Carl's Jr. 6 Dollar Burger, especially with the fresh made buns, are REALLY good. Right up there with, and maybe even better than, 5 Guys and In/Out.