Will Mitt Run in 2016?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Will Mitt Run in 2016?

Post by stuckinbig10country »

He says he won't. His wife recently said he won't, but previously had been saying he might?
What do you think?

snoscythe
Retired

Re: Will Mitt Run in 2016?

Post by snoscythe »

He will. I know this.

It's already in motion, but to overcome the stigma of being a 2x loser, it has to look like he enters reluctantly. Jeb will throw his support behind Mitt immediately after Mitt makes it official, and the "establishment" will line up behind Mitt. They're already streamlining the primary and debate process to eliminate the Ted Cruz/Rick Santorums at the earliest possible stage to turn the attention and $ on the Dem nominee.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Personally, I believe it's about a 60% chance Mitt Romney will run for president. And, I predict he will win.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote:He will. I know this.

It's already in motion, but to overcome the stigma of being a 2x loser, it has to look like he enters reluctantly. Jeb will throw his support behind Mitt immediately after Mitt makes it official, and the "establishment" will line up behind Mitt. They're already streamlining the primary and debate process to eliminate the Ted Cruz/Rick Santorums at the earliest possible stage to turn the attention and $ on the Dem nominee.
That would be wise. The endless debates from the last GOP presidential primary cycle seemed like suicide with paper cuts.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

I'm not sure he'll run, but if he doesn't I'd like to see him as head of the RNC.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

Ddawg wrote:
snoscythe wrote:He will. I know this.

That would be wise. The endless debates from the last GOP presidential primary cycle seemed like suicide with paper cuts.
Well, Mitt won't win Iowa unless Cruz, Santorum and Paul are splitting the votes. I think even with those three Mitt loses Iowa by a lot to Cruz if he runs. New Hampshire isn't a sure bet against Rand Paul. And Mitt won't win South Carolina. Nevada may be his first win and it won't be enough it it is. It will be a slog no matter what.

And the election wasn't lost during the primaries it was lost because republicans didn't like Mitt enough to get out and campaign for him. Not sure if fighting Hillary Clinton will be enough to get people off their butts.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

I'm pretty sure he'd beat Cruz, Santorum and Paul in Iowa. Probably win in NH too.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

Here's the schedule for now
Iowa
NH
SC
NC
ME
CO/MN
Nevada
Michigan
AK/FL/WY/ID/MA/GA/ND/OK/TN/TX/VA/VT

Nobody will beat Cruz in Iowa if he runs. And Mitt lost to Santorum, that's right Santorum last time in Iowa. Even Huckabee would beat Mitt there.

NH better be a given. He's bribed, er contributed to, every legislator in the state starting from the smallest municipality. If he doesn't win NH (and win by double digits) Mitt's done. I assume he can buy his way through Nevada as well. Then he has to win FL which I think he can buy as well.

Mitt will then lose both SC and NC. If Paul is still in the race by then Maine and Minnesota will be contested. If he isn't Romney has a chance to take 5 state in a row before super Tuesday which is his only chance. And in at least four states on super Tuesday he doesn't have a prayer (Texas, ND, OK or TN and you can probably add GA to the list as well).

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

well, that settles it... :roll:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... ning-Again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

jvquarterback wrote:And Mitt lost to Santorum, that's right Santorum last time in Iowa. Even Huckabee would beat Mitt there.
The ONLY reason Mitt didn't win Iowa is because the Iowa voters wouldn't vote for a Mormon. Iowa was searching to give the win in their caucuses to anyone BUT the Mormon.

And Santorum won Iowa over Romney by all of 34 votes. Santorum got 29,839 votes and Romney 29,805.

Iowa was looking for anyone else. Michele Bachmann won the first straw poll in Aug 2011. Then Ron Paul was leading in Iowa. Then New Gingrich was ahead. Then Rick Perry and Herman Cain all took a turn leading Iowa polls. Iowans were looking for non-Mormons.

Romney was by far the best GOP candidate and the best presidential candidate the party has run since Reagan in 1984.

But Iowa came aroudn, to a certain extent. In 2008, McCain got 682,379 votes in Iowa good for 44.39%. Romney won 730,617 votes for 46.18%. Obama got 828,940 (53.93%) and 822,544 (51.99%) respectively.

Romeny should have done better nationwide and really should have defeated Obama.

But Romney and his team did a VERY poor job of attacking Obama, of exposing his record and of standing for something.

If HE can actually go after the Democrats and stand for liberty and freedom, he might win. But if he listens to the current crop of GOP advisers again, where all you do is NOT be a Democrat, he'd lose again.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!