'14 Midterm Elections Today

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: '14 Midterm Elections Today

Post by snoscythe »

Ddawg wrote:The GOP wrested the Senate away from Obama and the Dem's last night; today the Dow is up +100. Coincidence?
Nope. The market almost always improves after mid-term elections. However, the combination of a Democratic President and a Republican Congress coming out of mid-terms is the second best result for markets. What's interesting is that a Democrat President historically outperforms GOP presidents after the mid-terms in stock market growth.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-brea ... 2014-11-03" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

My son has workd for the RNC with the specific task of electing republican senators. He has been working 13 to 16 hours a day for 6 days a week the last 4 months. It is quite a victory.

I just hope the new senators and representatives don't blow their opportunity to govern.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

vancouvercougar wrote:My son has workd for the RNC with the specific task of electing republican senators. He has been working 13 to 16 hours a day for 6 days a week the last 4 months. It is quite a victory.

I just hope the new senators and representatives don't blow their opportunity to govern.
Please pass onto your son - Thank you! His dedication and hard work (along with 100's and 100's of others) paid off. That is serious commitment. I'm sure he learned a lot. Real inside stuff. Pretty kewl.

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

Ddawg wrote:
vancouvercougar wrote:My son has workd for the RNC with the specific task of electing republican senators. He has been working 13 to 16 hours a day for 6 days a week the last 4 months. It is quite a victory.

Please pass onto your son - Thank you! His dedication and hard work (along with 100's and 100's of others) paid off. That is serious commitment. I'm sure he learned a lot. Real inside stuff. Pretty kewl.
He is exhausted today but the experience was worth it.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Vacation time.

Today Obama said he would work with the Republicans. Well he sure didn't before. Now he has to. The next two years will be more bearable.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

scott715 wrote:Vacation time.

Today Obama said he would work with the Republicans. Well he sure didn't before. Now he has to. The next two years will be more bearable.
Don't believe him. He's too partisan. An extreme ideologue. Obama just says things and knows they are not true. Such as - If you like your insursnce and like your Dr., you can keep them. As we know know - not true.

Obama will make a cursory PR effort at reaching across the aisle. His real effort will be to paint the GOP in a negative light for 2016. he knows he is toast. Now his efforts turn to defeating the GOP in 2016. Payback for the humiliation in the Midterm election.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

Maybe they can expand Medicare and start another couple useless $1 trillion wars like they did last time they had control of the Senate.

It's time for hope and change.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

scott715 wrote:Vacation time.

Actually what Obama said, was if Congress is willing to pass what he wants, he'll be willing to sign those bills into law. And that if Congress won't pass what he wants, then he'll do what he wants anyways vis despotic fiat - I mean, executive action.

We'll see if the GOP will do anything (impeach?) about his lawlessness.

I do wonder if there could be a tipping point where the Democrats quit on Obama as well. I honestly don't think he likes being president. He likes the perks of being famous, but not the actual job. I'm not convinced he wants to finish his term and he may not.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

To be clear, he said he hears the silent voters as well, and he is listening to them as well, which is quite a feat.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

And he also hears people who don't participate in the process as well. So apparently he's also bulimic and can read minds.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!