Ted Cruz Presidential Candidate

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Ted Cruz Presidential Candidate

Post by byufan4ever »

http://news.yahoo.com/cruz-launches-cam ... lear-cache

Senator Ted Cruz of Texas has become the first official Republican candidate of 2016. I think he's an interesting candidate. I don't know what all he stands for or his complete history. I'm not saying that I'm going to vote for him. But he is the only political figure that I follow on Facebook.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: Ted Cruz Presidential Candidate

Post by SpiffCoug »

I like guys that fully believe in liberty and the constitution. I think he and Rand Paul for that bill most on either side.

Every potential Democrat believes in humongous, centralized, top-down federal government.

Most of the GOP candidates do too (Jeb, Rubio, Graham, etc.) But simply believe they can be better managers and stewards of the behemoth and leviathan that is Washington D.C.

I'm not sure where Ben Carson or Scott Walker fall yet on that spectrum.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I just hope that the conservative/tea party bloc can figure out how to narrow their "field" of candidates to one or two by the time we get to New Hampshire. The dogged persistence of guys/gals who only pull 3-6% of the Republican vote serves nothing but to pave the path to victory for the squishy moderated establishment candidates and sapping support from conservative candidates who would otherwise have a legitimate shot at the nomination. Instead of getting a conservative candidate, we have a gaggle of folk who have no shot at winning anything who do nothing but tear each other apart and screed to up their profiles in hopes of landing a radio gig or selling more books.

Until the conservatives put the ideal of a conservative candidate winning the nomination, whoever it may be, ahead of personal profit, we're just going to see the parade of squishies continuing to line up to take their drubbing from the Dems.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

It doesn't really matter. The electoral college map is such that the Democratic nominee (no matter who it is) will likely need to kill someone on camera for them to lose.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

I'd like to see Tom Cotton run...but he's only been a senator for a few months after a short stay as a congressman. Last time we picked someone that unqualified, we ended up redefining the word "affordable".