Where do you fall in the political spectrum?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Where do you fall in the political spectrum?

Post by Brayden Green »

Right in the middle of the purple on the bottom right.

Sounds about right, although some ?s were rather dubious.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

1967cougar
Junior

Post by 1967cougar »

This survey must be wrong! Although it shows me safely on the right (where I belong), it shows me more authoritarian than libertarian. Now I'm psychologically conflicted. Aarghh!

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

I was not really surprised. I ended up at 6.25 to the right and 2.41 below the median into the libertarian purple. I tried to philosophize what the absolute qualifiers meant to me. I often had to disagree because of the absolutes. However, if I thought the statement could be viable without the absolute, then I would merely disagree, and not strongly disagree.

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

Midway between center and the right and very slightly libertarian vs authoritarian.

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

Two aspects of this survey are questionable .

#1: You apparently get lefty/lib points for being fair about human races. I think that is why some of you scored more leftward than you expected. I expect that none of us are racists, and that we would have been 20 or 30 percentage points farther right if we had agreed that "different races should keep to themselves, and that our own race is far superior."

Logically, and realistically, racism exists just as much on the "left" as on the "right." The actual difference is, that the "left" has long made political capital for their side by ACCUSING the "right" of racism and bigotry.

#2: I did not appreciate the stealthy invitation to agree with the Marxist maxim: "From every man according to his ability, to every man according to his needs." This is a euphemism for communism that sounds far more noble than what it actually represents. It was clever of them to slip that into the mix without its political label. Notice that The Marxists left out the terms, "dreams, wishes, wants, incentives." The latter terms are elsewhere regularly demonized by Marxists and replaced with the words, "decadence, and greed." Then you are left with only your "needs," which they would like to determine for you and ration to you.

So everyone who took this survey can adjust their score by 2 or 3 points out of ten toward the right (unless, of course, if you happened to have answered affirmatively to #1, and negatively to #2.