5 dissenting votes

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 5 dissenting votes

Post by Schmoe »

It becomes pretty obvious that it's all for show when you shout in a disorderly fashion, as opposed to simply raising your hand (if you're afraid you won't be seen, raise it high or just stand up). This is more of the same OW-induced BS and it's not the first or last time that secret combinations will be made against the true church of the Lord. Heaven help these individuals to realize that it's not all about them or what they want, that being a so-called intellectual and getting your fifteen minutes is not worth eternity, and that God asks all of us to do hard things and that every person will have their own individual struggles and that none will be excused by the Lord, who is no respecter of persons, save they repent and follow His counsel as revealed to His servants, the prophets.

The saddest part about all of these in the past several years is that they detract from such a beautiful, enlightening, spiritual, and uplifting experience. I don't know if this conference was extra-special or if I simply am in a better place to receive the messages than ever before, but man, what incredible messages delivered by the Lord's servants; I needed to hear every single one and I pray for our loving prophet's health.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

scott715 wrote:Aren't tickets given to stake presidents and then to members of the church.
"Tickets for the semi-annual conferences are distributed by the church through local priesthood leaders as well as the Conference Center’s ticketing office. Typically members must be in good standing and enjoy certain levels of trust with their priesthood leaders before a request for tickets will be granted. As such, it is often difficult for individuals who wish to express concerns to secure Conference tickets. Accordingly, individuals who do have access to Conference tickets through these avenues are encouraged to secure tickets to all general sessions of the April 2015 General Conference and mail them anonymously to PO Box ____, American Fork UT, 84003. Latter-day Saints who wish to cast a dissenting vote but do not have access to Conference tickets are encouraged to request tickets through http://www.AnyOpposed.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Those requests will be vetted to ensure the safety and confidentiality of all participants, and further details for the distribution of tickets will be provided accordingly. It is also possible for anyone wishing to attend a session of General Conference to obtain a ticket by waiting in a standby line. This line usually forms several hours in advance of each Conference session at the North gates of Temple Square. The earlier you get in this line, the better your chances are of getting a ticket. We encourage anyone wanting to attend Conference to vote in opposition to plan on getting tickets in this manner if they cannot secure them through other means. Even those who contact http://www.AnyOpposed.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for help with tickets need to realize they may need to wait in the standby line as a back-up plan if we are not able to provide them with the requested tickets."

http://anyopposed.org/press-release-mor ... confernce/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Bottom line is groups like this have fundamental misunderstandings of what the church is and how it operates.

When the person conducting asks for a sustaining vote, they are not asking for a vote of approval that could change the outcome. They are asking if we will sustain them in this calling - not if we approve of the calling. Are we going to work with this person while we work under them for a period of time.

Obviously if we have knowledge of potential worthiness issues/questions those could be brought forward.

But the Church is not a democracy. These people aren't nominees to be voted on. They are brothers or sisters we're asked to sustain in these callings.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Excellent point that desires a up vote because I sustain that comment.