Governor Brown Blows on the Embers of Class-Conflict

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Governor Brown Blows on the Embers of Class-Conflict

Post by snoscythe »

I've been fascinated to watch what is happening in California this past week. Under the guise of preserving water in the face of a "historic" drought, Gov. Jerry Brown has implemented water usage restrictions on the entire state of California. While the necessity/legality/enforceability of the new measures is the crux of the initial debate (you can view the executive order here), what is not being discussed is what I believe to be the true impetus for the move by Governor Brown--to stir up resentment between the rich/poor leading up to 2016.

The State Water Resources Control Board has been instructed to reduce urban potable water usage by 25% before March 2016. Each water supplier must reduce usage by 25% in comparison to 2013 water usage. This one-size-fits-all approach comes down to this: Beverly Hills must reduce their water usage from 225 gallons per capita per day to 170 gallons. Malibu and Newport Beach must reduce their water usage from 150 gallons down to 112.5 gallons. Compare that to Southeast LA where the required drop will be from 45 to 34 gallons, or low income Santa Ana where they will be required to drop from 38 gallons to 28.5.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... tml#page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this is the true aim of these restrictions--to turn the poor against the rich once again. Taking bath and drinking water away from the poor in areas where outdoor irrigation is unheard of, while leaving the outwardly rich barely affected, but sure to complain about the impact on their fountains, koi, and hedgerows.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: Governor Brown Blows on the Embers of Class-Conflict

Post by SpiffCoug »

The Left loves to stir up controversy in advance of future political races and issues.

Like this Indiana RFRA issue. I fully believe the true purpose is to influence the Supreme Court Justices deciding on same-sex marriage this summer.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Re: Governor Brown Blows on the Embers of Class-Conflict

Post by stuckinbig10country »

In a state where both the rich and poor vote overwhelmingly democratic, I don't think it really matters in California.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image