16 Republicans running for President

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

16 Republicans running for President

Post by hawkwing »

And not a single one of them has any chance of beating Hillary.

Get ready for Clinton 2.0 guys.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: 16 Republicans running for President

Post by snoscythe »

Scott Walker or bust! (busty?)

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

hawkwing wrote:And not a single one of them has any chance of beating Hillary.

You haven't been wrong much on here but I hope hope hope you are wrong about this. She will continue the devastation of her husband (?) and obama.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

nuk13 wrote:

You haven't been wrong much on here but I hope hope hope you are wrong about this. She will continue the devastation of her husband (?) and obama.
I wish I were wrong, but I expect her administration to be more damaging to religious liberties and the economy than her husband and her predecessor.

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

God help us...really, it seems we need divine intervention if what we've come to know and love as America is to survive.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Hillary's houses -

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

You'll notice the most recent CNN poll you're likely lamenting excludes Paul (who did best in head-to-head polls with Clinton in the swing states polls a couple weeks ago).

I think a lot of this has to do with TPA, gay marriage/confederate flag and the moron Donald Trump. The Republicans are getting hammered on the TPA. Hopefully Paul will file lawsuit against the usurpation of the Senate's powers and pull public opinion back to him.

The recent SCOTUS opinion, confederate flag madness has rallied the Clinton base while the Republicans have alienated their base with the TPA, tax increases, etc. Crazy. This will pass though, particularly if a real outsider (Paul or Cruz) gets the nomination.

Trump is second in the most recent CNN poll for the Republican nomination. I think he is simply a foil for democrats ( Trump has donated greater sums to Democrats than Republicans and he should be running as a Democrat). He'll fizzle but he's causing a ton of damage to the Republican brand. Nobody is going to swing at him because he's a loser and anyone who does would be seen as swinging down. The Democrats are banking on that. Someone will have to come up with an idea on how to combat the perception Republicans are racists. It's the problem for Republicans going forward and someone needs to address it. Rand Paul talks about the racist drug war and I think he can speak to this some but it has to be more. This is the problem for Republicans going forward.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

hawkwing wrote:
nuk13 wrote:

I wish I were wrong, but I expect her administration to be more damaging to religious liberties and the economy than her husband and her predecessor.
When she started campaigning about a decade ago I had a feeling she would promote laws forcing churches to to do things they didn't believe in. I still feel that way. I hope she'll never get that chance.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Ddawg wrote:Hillary's houses -

This is amazing! It had me fooled. How many know this? What did she do to earn them? She makes Trump look good. This while she trumpets the cause of the poor.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

The road to the White House is going to be long and bumpy - for any candidate. It's not going to be a "Tour de Force" coronation for Hillary - as much as she wants it to be.

Financial Times -
"Clinton’s stumbles fray Democratic nerves"
July 10, 2015

Tactical blunders. A strained relationship with the media. An insurgent rival drawing enormous crowds.

For Hillary Clinton, the past few weeks of her 2016 presidential campaign have brought back uncomfortable memories of her failed bid in 2008.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/934b9daa ... z3fY4vvc1u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;