13 Hours

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

13 Hours

Post by hawkwing »

I went to see Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation the other night. It was a fun movie, but before it started there was a preview for 13 Hours, a movie about Benghazi. I have to admit that I am shocked a movie about this subject would come out of Hollywood at a time where it could potentially be damaging to Hillary Clinton's presidential bid. Has everyone in that movie just kissed their careers goodbye or will it be a cover up to support Hillary.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: 13 Hours

Post by Ddawg »

It is going to be awesome! Jan. 2016.

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

Surprised to see John Krasinski in this thing. Not only is the role way outside of his wheelhouse up to this point, but I was under the impression that he leaned pretty far left, hanging out with Matt Damon and such.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I'd bet lunch that the former secretary of state is never mentioned.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BroncoBot wrote:I'd bet lunch that the former secretary of state is never mentioned.
If you'd read the book, that wouldn't surprise you. The book is a narrative of what happened on the ground in Benghazi that night and is co-written by 5 of the 6 members of the CIA team that was on the ground--the 6th did not survive the evening. It is very well written and I highly recommend it--it has a fantastic rating on Goodreads.com (4.34/5).

The book was not meant to join the debate, but was an attempt to focus on the men/heroes on the ground in isolation from the controversy that overshadowed their actions. It's a story about the experiences of 6 men, not the politics that put those events in motion. I hope the movie takes that same tack.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:I'd bet lunch that the former secretary of state is never mentioned.
Why would they mention anyone in Washington that night? The Secs of State & Defense alerted the president about the attack. He had an early flight in the morning, so he told them to handle the situation and went to bed.

Lacking any real guidance the entire executive branch was paralyzed with indecision. So they did nothing and hoped the guys on the ground would be able to handle the situation and/or it would blow over.

The primary consideration was of a political nature and with no direction from the political apparatchiks who surround and control every move the president makes, there was uncertainty as to what the best political response to the situation would be. So nothing was done.

When it turned out that doing nothing was a poor choice that left four Americans to die on foreign soil, a political answer was scrambled for and found. It was Hillary and her group who first came up with the story of the video. They had some cover as there were demonstrations elsewhere in the region - so a cover story about a protest (like in Tunisia and Egypt) had simply gotten out of hand in Tripoli.

The administration knew they had made the wrong decision by not choosing to act, but they also knew that there was much public confusion surrounding the attack. So instead of choosing to clarify with what they knew, they actually choose to ADD to the confusion. The publicly lied to the American people. They intentionally further obfuscated an already complicated issue. They purposefully threw out misinformation and planned on the difficulty in properly understanding the attack would cause the American public to lose interest in something they didn't follow.

They also knew that they could count on the media to help carry their water of deceit. The media has always been in the tank for the Obama administration and they were not going to let anything derail his re-election campaign.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Then it sounds like it reflects poorly on Hilary's ability to lead the nation.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

scott715 wrote:Then it sounds like it reflects poorly on Hilary's ability to lead the nation.
What do you mean, she's already surpassed Obama in leadership skills of lying and deceit.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

SpiffCoug wrote:
Why would they mention anyone in Washington that night? The Secs of State & Defense alerted the president about the attack. He had an early flight in the morning, so he told them to handle the situation and went to bed.

Lacking any real guidance the entire executive branch was paralyzed with indecision. So they did nothing and hoped the guys on the ground would be able to handle the situation and/or it would blow over.

The primary consideration was of a political nature and with no direction from the political apparatchiks who surround and control every move the president makes, there was uncertainty as to what the best political response to the situation would be. So nothing was done.

When it turned out that doing nothing was a poor choice that left four Americans to die on foreign soil, a political answer was scrambled for and found. It was Hillary and her group who first came up with the story of the video. They had some cover as there were demonstrations elsewhere in the region - so a cover story about a protest (like in Tunisia and Egypt) had simply gotten out of hand in Tripoli.

The administration knew they had made the wrong decision by not choosing to act, but they also knew that there was much public confusion surrounding the attack. So instead of choosing to clarify with what they knew, they actually choose to ADD to the confusion. The publicly lied to the American people. They intentionally further obfuscated an already complicated issue. They purposefully threw out misinformation and planned on the difficulty in properly understanding the attack would cause the American public to lose interest in something they didn't follow.

They also knew that they could count on the media to help carry their water of deceit. The media has always been in the tank for the Obama administration and they were not going to let anything derail his re-election campaign.
We are being asked to vote for that secretary of state. Those who do will be ignoring a lot of things.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Right. I was just trying to say that the Sec of State hardly - by choice - played a role in the events of Sept 11, 2012.

She didn't want anything to do with that event.

And yes, by voting for her you are choosing to ignore her leaving four Americans to die at the hands of terrorist. You are choosing to ignore her blatant disregard for the national security by creating, storing and disseminating classified information. You are choosing to ignore her prostituting her position and influence through donations to her "charitable" organization.

America will be a less safe and less free nation if Hillary Clinton is elected as the 45th president.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!