1st GOP Debate Participants

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 1st GOP Debate Participants

Post by nuk13 »

I would also like to see evidence of Trump as a racist. I don't know if he'd make a good president. What I do like about him is him standing up to people and issues that need to be stood up to. That includes a lot of republicans who have wimped out on confronting obama. If one or more of the other republicans would get more of what Trump has I'd sure like it. Some of them are close and could get better. I just heard that Rand Paul was very sick the night of the debates. I think he has potential. He isn't the only one but I've said enough for now.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

nuk13 wrote:I would also like to see evidence of Trump as a racist. I don't know if he'd make a good president. What I do like about him is him standing up to people and issues that need to be stood up to. That includes a lot of republicans who have wimped out on confronting obama. If one or more of the other republicans would get more of what Trump has I'd sure like it. Some of them are close and could get better. I just heard that Rand Paul was very sick the night of the debates. I think he has potential. He isn't the only one but I've said enough for now.
I agree with you Nuk13. What is refreshing and attractive about Trump is his no nonsense plainspeak - no PC. I think some other GOP candidates can and will do the same thing - i.e., Kasich, Fiorina, Cruz, Christie, and Perry (just off the top of my head - in no order).

The thing that hurts Trump is thin skin and mean vindictiveness. In the "major leagues" you need to be able to take it as well as dish it out. It is the Varsity.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Ddawg wrote:
nuk13 wrote:I would also like to see evidence of Trump as a racist. I don't know if he'd make a good president. What I do like about him is him standing up to people and issues that need to be stood up to. That includes a lot of republicans who have wimped out on confronting obama. If one or more of the other republicans would get more of what Trump has I'd sure like it. Some of them are close and could get better. I just heard that Rand Paul was very sick the night of the debates. I think he has potential. He isn't the only one but I've said enough for now.
I agree with you Nuk13. What is refreshing and attractive about Trump is his no nonsense plainspeak - no PC. I think some other GOP candidates can and will do the same thing - i.e., Kasich, Fiorina, Cruz, Christie, and Perry (just off the top of my head - in no order).

The thing that hurts Trump is thin skin and mean vindictiveness. In the "major leagues" you need to be able to take it as well as dish it out. It is the Varsity.
And I agree with you Ddawg. As far as the candidates go, I like Fiorina (some are saying she made good gains in the debate) and Cruz but I'm am undecided on Perry. Bush is the bottom of the list and Christie is just above him.

Trump hurt himself in the debate as far as I'm concerned and you have given good reasons why. It was low of him to be the only one that wouldn't back any other republican. That potentially throws things to hillary and the democrats.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Interesting NBC poet debate poll results. After polling 3,551 people, 18 and older, NBC has posted:

Who won the GOP debate?
1. Fiorina 22%, 2. Trump 18%, 3. Rubio 13%,
4. Cruz 12%, 5. Carson 8%, 6. Huckabee 5%

Who lost the debate?
1. Trump 29%, 2. Paul 14%, Bush 11%, Christie 9%

GOP standings in presidential race post debate
1. Trump 23%, 2. Cruz 13%, 3. Carson 11%,
4. Fiorina 8%, 5. Rubio 8%

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/n ... ad-n406766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;