Book recommendation

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Book recommendation

Post by Schmoe »

They're completely young adult books, but the first four audiobooks of Skulduggery Pleasant are read fantastically, the story isn't bad and the dialogue is witty enough to make them worth listening to.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

I just read Inferno. It is perhaps the best one volume history of WWII I've ever read. Then I read Legacy of Ashes, a history of the CIA. Fascinating. If there ever was a more incompetent agency of the federal government, I don't know it.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

hawkwing wrote:
HoosierCougar wrote:Just finished "The Boys on the Boat" and loved it. I'm driving tons for work now and so I've renewed my pursuit of the best audio books.
I listen to audio books as I run, so if you find any particularly great books in audio format let me know.
Have you tried graphic audio books? It's "a movie in your mind." Each character has their own voice actor and there are sound affects like footsteps and doors closing. I listened to Warbreaker and Elantris, both by Brandon Sanderson, in this format during my daily commutes and I really enjoyed them. I have a great local library that I've been able to borrow these from! In fact if you look here there's quite a few of his books on Graphic Audio:

http://www.graphicaudio.net/our-product ... erson.html

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

BoiseBYU wrote:I just read Inferno. It is perhaps the best one volume history of WWII I've ever read. Then I read Legacy of Ashes, a history of the CIA. Fascinating. If there ever was a more incompetent agency of the federal government, I don't know it.
Watching Concussion, it's amazing how government organizations like the FBI and the CIA are for sale to big businesses like the NFL.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars