Jonathan Johnson for Utah Governor

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jonathan Johnson for Utah Governor

Post by nuk13 »

I get nervous out in the woods not knowing what direction to p I mean spit.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

That's easy point to the East where the White House is.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

As I understand it the lands were supposed to be returned decades ago to the states. If the Donald wins, the govs in the west should take the cause to him. I'm apprehensive about him but if he is showing his true agenda then I think he would welcome getting rid of federal burdens. And since all our national parks are reportedly under the care of the UN, I welcome it even more.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

imuakahuku wrote:As I understand it the lands were supposed to be returned decades ago to the states. If the Donald wins, the govs in the west should take the cause to him. I'm apprehensive about him but if he is showing his true agenda then I think he would welcome getting rid of federal burdens. And since all our national parks are reportedly under the care of the UN, I welcome it even more.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
If Trump or any other candidate will do, not say, that It will greatly influence my vote.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

What's the latest in Utah on this race? JJ making headways against Herbert? Your take since I am out of state.

http://www.utahstandardnews.com/opinion ... ialnetwork

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Herbert's approval rating and polling among voters in Utah is in the 60-70% rate, JJ is < 20%. There are a much higher number of delegates who support JJ over Herbert but they are not in the same proportion as the general public. Governor Herbert will easily win reelection.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I think it will be close. Herbert is burning through cash at a rate that shows more concern than the polling would justify, but all of the polling that has been released publicly since the convention is polling Herbert has paid for and they refuse to release their protocols, sampling methods, or questions--they just have the pollster (Dan Jones) do a one paragraph release saying "we polled some people, and Herbert's knocking them dead!" Meanwhile Herbert pleads and begs for more money so he can fight off the guy he's decimating?

It was the same story before the convention--Herbert's Dan Jones poll said he would win and avoid a primary, but Herbert was out there putting on concerts at Thanksgiving Point, renting out the RSL Stadium, and just spending oodles of money....not the behavior you'd associate with a guy who believes those poll numbers. And then he was 10+ pts behind at the convention.

I think it is much close than these campaign polls would have you believe, and I think Johnson is running a very smart campaign with how he is nicking and poking at Herbert and letting Herbert hurt himself (i.e. releasing the damning recording of Herbert telling lobbyists he doesn't agree with their clients' positions, but if they pay over $1000 to his campaign, he can guarantee results they will be happy with, and letting Herbert twist in the wind to try and explain it away). Meanwhile he's keeping his powder dry for a late push in mass marketing so he hits maximum exposure on primary day.

I don't know that most GOPers prefer Johnson, but he just needs to get Herbert voters demotivated and rile up enough others to get to 50.00001% of that small subset of Utah GOPer's who actually vote on primary day, and I think he's got a very smart plan to get there. I hope he does.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Thanks for the update. JJ is a good man. he grew up in my ward as a kid. The best part is that he is honest.

PS If you support him, share his Facebook posts.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

This guy?
JeremiahJohnson-Still1_CR.jpg

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
scott715