Fun Idaho Facts

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Fun Idaho Facts

Post by BoiseBYU »

In our never ending quest to expand our cultural awareness here are important facts about Idaho. I hope you can tell I love my state :lol:

Gutzon Borglum, the sculptor of Mount Rushmore, was born in Bear Lake, Idaho. He did his famous work in South Dakota even though Bear Lake looks nothing like a bear.

Idaho is America's largest lumber producer and the state tree is a stump.

The word "Idaho" comes from the Crow Indian word, "E-dah-how", meaning "Crap it is cold when the wind blows from the north"

The tourism motto of Idaho is "No more gun-crazed right-wing militias; just crazed militias."

Idaho state law requires all registered Democrats to wear a dunce cap to the polls on election day. The law is unnecessary because there are no democrats to be found in the State,

Hell's Canyon in Idaho is 7900 feet deep, which makes it deeper than the Grand Canyon but not as deep as Joe Biden’s intellect.

The state bird of Idaho is the Bluebird, a wussy bird that migrates every fall for warmer weather.

Elk River, Idaho is home to the State’s largest tree. It’s nearly 200 feet tall. Now that I’ve spilled the beans it will be a stump in no time.

Idaho is home to North America's largest sand dune. It's 470 feet tall. There is no truth to the rumor that Al Queada has a training camp thdkghnsoignrevfjk erg gasp……clunk…..

Appaloosa horses originated in Idaho and were first bred by the local Indians as a war animal. Today, we find them in fast food hamburgers.

The largest diamond ever found in the US was a 20-carat stone discovered in McCall, Idaho. That was before Arnold and his entourage started showing up in Sun Valley with his bling.

The first nuclear power plant in the US was built in Arco, Idaho in 1953, and is the real reason the grass at BSU’s football stadium is blue….

Television was invented in Rigby, Idaho. This explains the extreme conservativeness of its inhabitants ever since.

In 1896, Butch Cassidy robbed the bank in Montpelier, Idaho. Today the banks rob the citizens and without a gun!

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Fun Idaho Facts

Post by hawkwing »

Excellent work, as always!

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I love Idaho, especially the Idaho Falls area. If it weren't so dag-blasted cold there, I might be able to convince my wife that we should live there. But alas, it is so dag-blasted cold. And I'm 1/664th Crow. ;)

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Besides television french fries were invented by Simplot here in Idaho. When he put them in his pocket they turned to dough to the tune of several million dollar$!

The state tree is the western white pine and there'd be a lot more of them but the feds own 62% of Idaho and think letting nature take it's course is Jim dandy and not only lets them burn but benevolently lets elk, deer, bear, snakes and several other species burn along with them.

It turns out there are several democrats in the state. Most of them end up in the capitol, not far from the blue turf, masquerading as republicans. There they do what democrats do, pass taxes and regulate all the while telling us what a heck of a deal we're getting.

This great state is number one not only in potatoes but in Austrian winter peas, sometimes called black peas. Yours may be black too if you had to come all the way from Austria in the winter to pee. It's only a matter of time until a distance record is set.

So if you watch the BSU, BYU game on Television while eating french fries on a chair made of charred wood, all the while cheering for a quarterback from Idaho that replaced a quarterback from Idaho, think of us during some of the time outs.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

nuk13 wrote:So if you watch the BSU, BYU game on Television while eating french fries on a chair made of charred wood, all the while cheering for a quarterback from Idaho that replaced a quarterback from Idaho, think of us during some of the time outs.
Haha good one

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

BoiseBYU wrote:
nuk13 wrote:So if you watch the BSU, BYU game on Television while eating french fries on a chair made of charred wood, all the while cheering for a quarterback from Idaho that replaced a quarterback from Idaho, think of us during some of the time outs.
Haha good one
Thanks. I liked yours too. I hope the Idaho qb beats the Idaho team.