Never Forget

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Never Forget

Post by Schmoe »

I know September 11 isn't until tomorrow, but it's weighing heavy on my heart this evening. I will be forever grateful for those who gave all for our country, both on that day and afterwards. The fact that I get to work a job without fearing for my life, that I get to go home to my wife and children and hug them and hold them close every night is dear and precious to me and I owe it all to brave individuals who consciously and bravely choose to risk losing life, limb, and undergoing experiences that could alter them for the rest of their lives.

There's been a mountain of criticism heaped on W Bush, but no president since WWII, and a very select few throughout our country's history, has faced such a tumultuous tenure.

I like to think of myself as a casual wordsmith with the ability to weave words with some beauty and eloquence, but nothing I can compile could come close to doing justice to describe the cocktail of emotions -- sorrow, patriotism, gratitude, admiration, love -- that fills my being on this day.

I encourage everyone to find some time to meditate, reflect, pray, etc. tomorrow and reaffirm your love of country, your gratitude for freedom and safety, and your recognition of the blessings you have.

I hope this hasn't come across as sappy or preachy. I love you guys. God bless America!

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Never Forget

Post by jvquarterback »

Schmoe wrote:There's been a mountain of criticism heaped on W Bush, but no president since WWII, and a very select few throughout our country's history, has faced such a tumultuous tenure.
The tragedy of 9/11 brought us closer together for a time and I'm grateful for those who helped those injured in New York but it is shameful to continue to use that tragedy to defend in any way the even greater tragedy caused by the foreign policy of the past two US presidents.

Ronald Reagan and John Kennedy both faced greater challenges and both did a much better job. They were up against half the world and managed (far better than the two most recent presidents) to avoid unnecessary conflict. GWB on the other hand, was up against a group of at most 100 thugs he could have destroyed in a couple months if he and his cabinet hadn't been so interested in starting a never ending war in the middle east.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

Thanks Schmoe. I will never forget. Never.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I got to substitute for a 6th grade class today. I read aloud "The Man with the Red Bandana" and "A Man Walked on a Wire" to the class. I have to admit that I choked up and got teary eyed at the end of both books.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I read this story this morning, "The Last Ride of Ladder 118." Tear-jerker, man.

http://911anniversary.nydailynews.com/v ... ladder-118" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars