Veterans Day

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Veterans Day

Post by nuk13 »

I pay tribute to and thank all those who fought for our freedom. I'd especially like to thank my 5 uncles who served in WWII, my uncle who served in WWI and my brother who served in Viet Nam. Only my brother and one uncle are left but none are forgotten.

A few years ago I went to see a B 17 they'd flown in for us to see. As I walked around the tail to my minds eye came a view of the tail gunner as an FW-190 was boring in on him with his nose twinkling with cannon and machine gun fire. All the tail gunner had between himself and his crew and the 190 was his twin Brownings. I was humbled and asked myself how could someone like that be thanked. It came to me that when we are able to thank the Savior for His sacrifice we'd be able to thank those who put their lives on the line for us. I thank John Browning too who also served the Lord as a missionary.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Veterans Day

Post by hawkwing »

Thank you to all our veterans. I don't think we appreciate this one enough.