Rent-Free

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
crazycougar84601
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Rent-Free

Post by crazycougar84601 »

Posting my story in case some of you come across it and don't understand why I did what I did...

Went to lunch today at a Mexican joint i frequent near Fashion Place and was sat near 2 gentleman. I was minding my own and i couldn't help but overhear the conversation next to me turn from work to sports. These guys were obviously business owners of some sort and discussed the tactics of getting season tickets transferred from one to another. I wondered to myself if they were BYU or Utah fans and they started discussing the "Cancelgate" situation. They were Utah fans and they defended the coach and the University for cutting ties and generally bitched and moaned like little girls about how BYU is dirty, and they couldn't wait to leave them in the rear-view mirror. "We are P-5, you are not! Get over it." "We are the future, BYU is in the past" They also claimed how 1280 and other local sports media were such BYU homers and the one gentleman was really getting red faced about it. Couldn't tell if it was the chili verde or not, but i kind of felt bad for him. So angry about what i guessed was 20+ years of BYU domination in the past and that Utah finally caught up and was going places BYU could only dream of.

So i went to pay for my lunch and I got their ticket from the waiter and I paid for their meal and left a note.

"Utah - BYU MWC partners
Future? Who knows

Enjoy lunch Rent-Free

You will always be pumping my gas

Go Cougs"

I only mean that once this rivalry was more then just tradition. In a conference we were partners. Travel wise, vote wise, etc. The schools relied on each other to get things done. On the field it was electric.

In the future will we be P5 partners? Rivals? The school that Utah can never get away from? Who knows

But I was happy to see 2 rival fans spending quality time talking about BYU, now that is rent-free.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Rent-Free

Post by ABYUFAN »

LOL How are they gonna complain about that? Some BYU guy just bought us lunch!

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

But the lunch just wasn't that good. What would you expect from something provided by a :) .

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
HoosierCougar
Junior

Post by HoosierCougar »

Were you at Morelia?
crazycougar84601 wrote:Posting my story in case some of you come across it and don't understand why I did what I did...

Went to lunch today at a Mexican joint i frequent near Fashion Place and was sat near 2 gentleman. I was minding my own and i couldn't help but overhear the conversation next to me turn from work to sports. These guys were obviously business owners of some sort and discussed the tactics of getting season tickets transferred from one to another. I wondered to myself if they were BYU or Utah fans and they started discussing the "Cancelgate" situation. They were Utah fans and they defended the coach and the University for cutting ties and generally bitched and moaned like little girls about how BYU is dirty, and they couldn't wait to leave them in the rear-view mirror. "We are P-5, you are not! Get over it." "We are the future, BYU is in the past" They also claimed how 1280 and other local sports media were such BYU homers and the one gentleman was really getting red faced about it. Couldn't tell if it was the chili verde or not, but i kind of felt bad for him. So angry about what i guessed was 20+ years of BYU domination in the past and that Utah finally caught up and was going places BYU could only dream of.

So i went to pay for my lunch and I got their ticket from the waiter and I paid for their meal and left a note.

"Utah - BYU MWC partners
Future? Who knows

Enjoy lunch Rent-Free

You will always be pumping my gas

Go Cougs"

I only mean that once this rivalry was more then just tradition. In a conference we were partners. Travel wise, vote wise, etc. The schools relied on each other to get things done. On the field it was electric.

In the future will we be P5 partners? Rivals? The school that Utah can never get away from? Who knows

But I was happy to see 2 rival fans spending quality time talking about BYU, now that is rent-free.

crazycougar84601
BLUEshirt

[quote="HoosierCougar"]Were you at Morelia?

Yes

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

crazycougar84601
BLUEshirt

HoosierCougar wrote:Were you at Morelia?

Yes