Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Post by hawkwing »

And now the Donald has specifically said that he would consider using nuclear bombs in the middle east we're back around on this topic to Trump being the worst choice.

BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Post by BlueK »

SpiffCoug wrote:
jvquarterback wrote:I'll take a man, no matter how clumsy verbally, who has a bit of restraint....
When has Trump ever demonstrated even the smallest modicum of restraint at any point in his life?
Maybe one if his wives could tell you.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

BlueK wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
jvquarterback wrote:I'll take a man, no matter how clumsy verbally, who has a bit of restraint....
When has Trump ever demonstrated even the smallest modicum of restraint at any point in his life?
Or maybe one of Cruz's mistresses. Trump has restrained himself from talking about them.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

jvquarterback wrote:
BlueK wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Or maybe one of Cruz's mistresses. Trump has restrained himself from talking about them.
yeah, whatever. Trump would be all over that if it were true.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

BlueK wrote:
jvquarterback wrote:
BlueK wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
yeah, whatever. Trump would be all over that if it were true.
Not only him, so would the MSM

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

To most Trump voters, the Enquirer is as mainstream media as it gets.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

SpiffCoug wrote:Yep, if you disagree with Trump, it means you're a Democrat. Of course, if we were Democrats we would more closely align with Trump's real political opinions, positions and philosophy.
If you tell people to vote for a democrat, the worst democrat in the history of democrats running for president, I don't think it's a stretch to say you're a democrat, particularly when you are unable to come up with even a single instance where Trump says anything of substance that is different from Cruz's positions other than reconsidering NATO alliances, not pestering Russia and China, and getting troops out of the absurdity that is the middle east. There's some restraint for you.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

jvquarterback wrote: a democrat, the worst democrat in the history of democrats running for president, I don't think it's a stretch to say you're a democrat.
I couldn't have described Trump any better myself!

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

jvquarterback wrote: particularly when you are unable to come up with even a single instance where Trump says anything of substance that is different from Cruz's positions other than reconsidering NATO alliances, not pestering Russia and China, and getting troops out of the absurdity that is the middle east. There's some restraint for you.
Yes, so OTHER than the ones you already listed here are a few:
The Donald has said women who have abortions should be punished, possibly with jail time.
The Donald has said he is perfectly ok with raising taxes on the wealthy.
The Donald has said he admires tyrants like Putin.
The Donald has bragged about having affairs with married women.
The Donald wants to change the GOP's platform on abortion.
The Donald opposes free trade.
The Donald wants to impose extremely high tariffs that will further stifle the economy.
The Donald wants to economically imprison businesses so that they can't leave the country.

To be fair, it's tough to nail The Donald down on what he says because he is constantly changing what he says and what his positions are. This is what happens when you have a Democrat with no governing principles or morals masquerading around the Republican primary trying to be a conservative. He has no clue what his positions are. He has no clue what he'll actually do as president.

So when he loses 40+ states to Hillary, don't come complaining to people like me and Hawk.

And for the record, we have never told people to vote for a Democrat. That's because we oppose voting for a Democrat in Hillary Clinton and we oppose voting for a Democrat in The Donald.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

Again, those positions are no different than Cruz's and quite a bit better than Clinton's. In fact, on the abortion issue, Trump is more in line with the teachings of the church. Here is a transcript of the portion of the interview in question:
TRANSCRIPT

Savannah Guthrie: The Republican platform every 4 years has a provision that states that the right of the unborn child shall not be infringed, and it makes no exceptions for rape, for incest, or for the life of the mother. Would you want to change the Republican platform to include the exceptions that you have?

Donald Trump: Yes I would. Yes I would. Absolutely. For the three exceptions. I would.

Guthrie: Would you have an exception for the health of the mother?

Trump: I would leave it to the life of the mother, but I absolutely would have the three exceptions.
The enmity I see among many Mormons toward Trump astounds me.
BlueK wrote:There are many fairly deep-rooted reasons why Trump is very unpopular among LDS. This article tries to explain why to a non-LDS audience. It's crazy that he could very well not even carry utah in the general election. The world has gone wacko.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ah/474819/
It's unfortunate members of the Church are unable to see that all of the problems with Trump are just as bad or worse with Cruz and Clinton. I used to support Cruz, but his proposals for banning Muslims are no different than Trump's, and, from what I understand, Cruz is just as, if not more apt to use crude language than Trump. Mormon's like to pretend they can take a joke, but the backlash after Trump asked if Romney is really a Mormon is just crazy.

Now if the idiots writing in the Atlantic are correct and Trump is the next Governor Boggs, all the Mormons baiting Trump, who is very likely to win the nomination and the presidency, are even more stupid than they are naive in their unfounded belief that Trump is any different than Cruz, Kasich, or Clinton.

Sam Adams