Cruz dropping out. Good luck Trumpkins.

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Cruz dropping out. Good luck Trumpkins.

Post by snoscythe »

Trump must be defeated as well.
God wrote:Nevertheless, when the wicked rule the people mourn. Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil. (D&C 98:9-10)
Anything less than good, honest, and wise cometh of evil. Don't fall for the "lesser is better" con-line we've been fed for decades. The lesser of the evils is still evil. Reject it.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote:Trump must be defeated as well.
God wrote:Nevertheless, when the wicked rule the people mourn. Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil. (D&C 98:9-10)
Anything less than good, honest, and wise cometh of evil. Don't fall for the "lesser is better" con-line we've been fed for decades. The lesser of the evils is still evil. Reject it.
Agreed, defeating Donald Trump was a priority - in the primary process. That opportunity has passed. 3rd party candidates will get plus or minus 5% of the vote. That 5% will be critical in defeating Hillary. The 3rd party candidates have no chance. If you want to continue Obama's policies, vote for Hillary or a 3rd party candidate.

Don't buy into the Dimocrat propaganda machine against Trump.
Last edited by Ddawg on Thu May 05, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg wrote:
Agreed, defeating Donald Trump was a priority - in the primary process. That opportunity has passed. 3rd party candidates will get plus or minus 5% of the vote. They have no chance. If you want to continue Obama's policies, vote for Hillary or a 3rd party candidate. Sorry guys, it's that simple.
Or vote for Trump, because he's more left than Clinton is.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ign=buffer

National Review on Donald Trump, no, he isn't better than Hillary.
But virtually everything we do know about Trump is negative. He lies. He traffics in far-left conspiracy theories. He incites violence. He surrounds himself with thugs, cronies, and fools. He’s ignorant of the most basic realities of national security, foreign policy, and global economics. He has a decades-long record of corruption and a decades-long record of liberalism. In arguing that he’s better than Clinton, his supporters now ask us to trust his current “conservative” incarnation and disregard that record. We don’t really know how he’ll handle immigration, trade, ISIS, abortion, or judges. But trust him. He’ll do better. Yes, Trump has praised single-payer health care during this election, but trust him. He’ll do better than Obamacare. Yes, Trump has advocated touchback amnesty and increased legal immigration, but trust him. He’ll protect American workers. Yes, Trump has supported abortion-on-demand and gun control, but trust him. He’s changed. Yes, Trump has written large checks to leftist politicians, but trust him. He’ll fight them as president. Yes, his campaign team lives in the gutter, but trust him. He’ll appoint good people. Hillary Clinton is the most beatable likely Democratic nominee since John Kerry, and the GOP is poised to nominate the one man least likely to beat her, and the one man who would be just as bad in the White House. I don’t vote for despicable people. I don’t vote for leftists. And I will never, ever, vote for Donald Trump. He’s no better than she is.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ign=buffer
My most sincere advice to everyone who I know, do not under any circumstances vote for Donald Trump, he will lose anyway, but there is no fate worse than him as leader of the United States.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Ddawg wrote:
Agreed, defeating Donald Trump was a priority - in the primary process. That opportunity has passed. 3rd party candidates will get plus or minus 5% of the vote. They have no chance. If you want to continue Obama's policies, vote for Hillary or a 3rd party candidate. Sorry guys, it's that simple.
No, it's hardly that simple. This time, 3rd party candidates probably help Trump more than Hillary. Most of those 3rd party votes, including mine, probably otherwise go to Hillary.

Read the article Hawk posted. It makes some very valid points.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I can't control what millions of other people do with their votes. I can, however, control what happens with my one vote, and I won't be using my agency to support a potential President Trump or President Clinton II. I'll use it to support a good, honest, wise person when I find one in the running, or write one in.

If Hillary wins, it's because of who voted for her, not who voted elsewhere.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Donald Trump on Monday alleged that Ted Cruz's dad was at and implicitly part of the John F. Kennedy assassination, apparently relying upon the National Inquirer as his source. I wish this was a one time, goofy mistake. But he seems to have a history of this. For example, relying upon kooky science, he tweeted several years ago that vaccines are behind autism. I guess next week we can expect a tweet expressing concerns that aliens possess the bodies of world leaders and entertainers, relying upon the Men in Black movies.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BoiseBYU wrote:Donald Trump on Monday alleged that Ted Cruz's dad was at and implicitly part of the John F. Kennedy assassination, apparently relying upon the National Inquirer as his source. I wish this was a one time, goofy mistake. But he seems to have a history of this. For example, relying upon kooky science, he tweeted several years ago that vaccines are behind autism. I guess next week we can expect a tweet expressing concerns that aliens possess the bodies of world leaders and entertainers, relying upon the Men in Black movies.
He's seriously nuts. And so are we if we hand him the nuclear codes.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BoiseBYU wrote:Donald Trump on Monday alleged that Ted Cruz's dad was at and implicitly part of the John F. Kennedy assassination, apparently relying upon the National Inquirer as his source. I wish this was a one time, goofy mistake. But he seems to have a history of this. For example, relying upon kooky science, he tweeted several years ago that vaccines are behind autism. I guess next week we can expect a tweet expressing concerns that aliens possess the bodies of world leaders and entertainers, relying upon the Men in Black movies.
What you're leaving out is that Trump said that the National Inquirer is a major national publication.

You're also forgetting that in one of the debates Trump again stated autism is caused by vaccinations.

He is a loon.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote: If Hillary wins, it's because of who voted for her, not who voted elsewhere.
Maybe - maybe not.

Look at the 1992 presidential election results.
Bill Clinton - 43%
George H.W. Bush - 37.4%
Ross Perot - 18.9%

If George H.W. Bush had been elected, a whole series of events would have been different. It's very possible 9/11 would have never happened. Because a wiser, ex-CIA director George Bush would most likely have taken more aggressive action against Osama bin Laden. Speculation of course. But, it's well documented Bill Clinton had bin Laden in his sights and called off the kill mission.

No question, all those well meaning principled Ross Perot votes kept the better man out of office.