Cruz dropping out. Good luck Trumpkins.

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Cruz dropping out. Good luck Trumpkins.

Post by BlueK »

imuakahuku wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
snoscythe wrote: If Hillary wins, it's because of who voted for her, not who voted elsewhere.
Maybe - maybe not.

Look at the 1992 presidential election results.
Bill Clinton - 43%
George H.W. Bush - 37.4%
Ross Perot - 18.9%

If George H.W. Bush had been elected, a whole series of events would have been different. It's very possible 9/11 would have never happened. We would not have had Clinton selling rocket technology to the Chinese. Then Clinton would not have implemented Jamie Gorelick's wall which dictated that all communication between the CIA and FBI go through the White House. So the CIA guys that tried to inform the FBI about several of the eventual hijackers would have been successful and those hijackers would have been put under surveillance and eventually stopped. Because a wiser, ex-CIA director George Bush would most likely have taken more aggressive action against Osama bin Laden. Speculation of course. But, it's well documented Bill Clinton had bin Laden in his sights and called off the kill mission.

No question, all those well meaning principled Ross Perot votes kept the better man out of office.
There corrected the 9/11 stuff for you. Your welcome.
Different election dynamics entirely. I think this time an independent run actually helps Trump more.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I have considered staying out of this but I'm encouraged by Imaukahuku and Ddawg. I want you 2 to know that you aren't the only ones that see hillary for what she is. The candidates I liked dropped out weeks ago. Like it or not it's down to hillary and Trump and people probably less popular than the one's who've dropped out. I don't know how good or bad Trump is but he is not to the left of hillary. The judges he will nominate will not be further from the Constitution than the judges she will nominate. He will not further compromise our 2nd amendment rights, she will. I won't go through all the amendments but he will not take the rights as aggressively as she will.

I do like how Trump has caused the establishment republicans to run the the toilet. They have ignored the rank and file.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

imuakahuku wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
snoscythe wrote: If Hillary wins, it's because of who voted for her, not who voted elsewhere.
Maybe - maybe not.

Look at the 1992 presidential election results.
Bill Clinton - 43%
George H.W. Bush - 37.4%
Ross Perot - 18.9%

If George H.W. Bush had been elected, a whole series of events would have been different. It's very possible 9/11 would have never happened. We would not have had Clinton selling rocket technology to the Chinese. Then Clinton would not have implemented Jamie Gorelick's wall which dictated that all communication between the CIA and FBI go through the White House. So the CIA guys that tried to inform the FBI about several of the eventual hijackers would have been successful and those hijackers would have been put under surveillance and eventually stopped. Because a wiser, ex-CIA director George Bush would most likely have taken more aggressive action against Osama bin Laden. Speculation of course. But, it's well documented Bill Clinton had bin Laden in his sights and called off the kill mission.

No question, all those well meaning principled Ross Perot votes kept the better man out of office.
There corrected the 9/11 stuff for you. Your welcome.
Thank you. Mongo not smart.

BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BlueK »

nuk13 wrote:I have considered staying out of this but I'm encouraged by Imaukahuku and Ddawg. I want you 2 to know that you aren't the only ones that see hillary for what she is. The candidates I liked dropped out weeks ago. Like it or not it's down to hillary and Trump and people probably less popular than the one's who've dropped out. I don't know how good or bad Trump is but he is not to the left of hillary. The judges he will nominate will not be further from the Constitution than the judges she will nominate. He will not further compromise our 2nd amendment rights, she will. I won't go through all the amendments but he will not take the rights as aggressively as she will.

I do like how Trump has caused the establishment republicans to run the the toilet. They have ignored the rank and file.
I have serious concerns with Trump and most of the bill of rights. He's the one who praised the alien and sedition acts passed under Adams that were ruled unconstitutional in the first decade of the Constitution. Those were the laws that made it illegal to criticize the government. Trump thinks that law was a good thing. Vomit.

I don't want to vote for the person who will erode my rights a little less badly. I will not vote for either. They're both disastrous choices I couldn't live with. And spare me the nonsense of voting for neither means voting for Hillary. That's only true if you take the arrogant position that one of them already has the right to my vote based on my demographics or whatever. That's nonsense. I think this time around the data actually supports the idea that a strong third party run is more likely to help Trump more. Otherwise he gets clobbered.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...