No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Post by SpiffCoug »

Ddawg wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:Trump may have won more votes than any other previous GOP candidate in the primaries, but he also won the lowest percentage of GOP primary voters since Richard Nixon in 1968.
Like Trump or not - he still won the GOP primary process and the nomination - fair and square. Time to move on and defeat Hillary.
I know. I was just pointing out that Trumpkins seem to think that their orange nominee has a mandate due an unprecedented level of support from GOP voters and that's not really the case. The manner in which this convention has played out shows just how poor a nominee he is. Trump did win fair and square, but let's not pretend that he has a united party behind him.

For the record, I am now an unaffiliated voter, and do not think Trump will beat Hillary.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Post by Ddawg »

SpiffCoug wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:Trump may have won more votes than any other previous GOP candidate in the primaries, but he also won the lowest percentage of GOP primary voters since Richard Nixon in 1968.
Like Trump or not - he still won the GOP primary process and the nomination - fair and square. Time to move on and defeat Hillary.
I know. I was just pointing out that Trumpkins seem to think that their orange nominee has a mandate due an unprecedented level of support from GOP voters and that's not really the case. The manner in which this convention has played out shows just how poor a nominee he is. Trump did win fair and square, but let's not pretend that he has a united party behind him.

For the record, I am now an unaffiliated voter, and do not think Trump will beat Hillary.
Yes Trump does have a partially divided DOP party behind him. Just as Hillary had a divided Dem party after her win. The difference is - Bernie Sanders did bury the hatchet and did endorse Hillary - as painful as that was. Ted Cruz showed less class than Bernie Sanders and has exacerbated the divide.

Interesting, Charles Krauthammer called Ted Cruz's speech at the RNC yesterday the longest political suicide note in political history. Folks in the GOP will not forget it. Politics and sports are tough games, you don't always win. You must shake hands and move on.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Good for Ted Cruz. Trump is scum.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I apologize to all the pond-scum I inadvertently offended with my last post.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:I apologize to all the pond-scum I inadvertently offended with my last post.
Nice Christian attitude - calling folks that exercise their Constitutionally protected 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of association, freedom of assembly and and petition - pond scum. These freedoms as defined by the Supreme Court, includes freedom of political thought and political expression. Except in the world of Mars - where you are pond scum and a Nazi if you exercise that Constitutional right. A fine Christ-like attitude.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:
Ddawg wrote:

welcome to the unaffiliated/independence party. I've been here about 8 years. while the platform of the Republican party appeals to me, their actions don't seem to follow suit very often.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Ok, I know I started this thread, but my point really isn't arguing one over the other, because It's like arguing whether it's better to die of cancer, stroke or a heart attack. The two-party system has utterly failed. It's time to vote outside of it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Schmoe wrote:Also, another body in the Clintons' wake. Democratic official who blew the whistle on fraud in the primaries was conveniently murdered this week.

The Clintons are EVIL. Make no mistake about that. Bill flying around on the lolita plane, Hillary making backdoor weapons deals with extremists regimes who hate us, and people who get in the Clintons' way ending up dead.

I'm not personally voting for Trump, but he's nowhere near the level of evil that the Clintons are.
AND ANoTHER!!! (rhetorical question) why isn't the media ALL OVER this? It's the stuff pulitzers are made of.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

BroncoBot wrote:http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08 ... nc-papers/

I'm sure it's all coincidence...
There's no doubt about it, the Clintons are political mafiosos. Yes, Trump might say anything to get elected, but the Clintons will DO anything=pure evil.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,