No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Post by Schmoe »

Also, another body in the Clintons' wake. Democratic official who blew the whistle on fraud in the primaries was conveniently murdered this week.

The Clintons are EVIL. Make no mistake about that. Bill flying around on the lolita plane, Hillary making backdoor weapons deals with extremists regimes who hate us, and people who get in the Clintons' way ending up dead.

I'm not personally voting for Trump, but he's nowhere near the level of evil that the Clintons are.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Post by hawkwing »

I'm willing to support a candidate that was not my choice as long as I can see a single good quality about that person. A quality which will help that person make the occasional right decision.

Donald Trump's only positive attribute is that he is not Hillary Clinton. He, himself, has no redeeming qualities, no morals, no positive beliefs.

He would, if elected, destroy the country and the Constitution. Luckily he will not win.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: Donald Trump ..... would, if elected, destroy the country and the Constitution. Luckily he will not win.
Pure hogwash. Pure conjecture.

Fact - Hillary is a chronic liar. Fact - Hillary has zero respect for the most Top Secret National secrets. They were entrusted to her and she treated with reckless disregard. Peoples lives are at risk because of Hillary's recklessness. Fact - Hillary will appoint liberal Judges to the Supreme Court that will shred the Constitution. Fact - Trump will appoint a Conservative Supreme Court Judge that will preserve the Constitution. Fact - Trump has picked a Conservative VP running mate that Hillary's camp is already calling "extreme."

Wanna see if your right about Hillary being a good presidential pick? Wait and see who she picks as her VP. Perhaps the fog will clear in your head when reality sets in.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

hawkwing wrote:I'm willing to support a candidate that was not my choice as long as I can see a single good quality about that person. A quality which will help that person make the occasional right decision.

Donald Trump's only positive attribute is that he is not Hillary Clinton. He, himself, has no redeeming qualities, no morals, no positive beliefs.

He would, if elected, destroy the country and the Constitution. Luckily he will not win.
Perhaps you can provide the one good quality of Hillary, then? or the list of Trump foes that have ended up mysteriously dead?

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote: Donald Trump ..... would, if elected, destroy the country and the Constitution. Luckily he will not win.
Pure hogwash. Pure conjecture.

Fact - Hillary is a chronic liar. Fact - Hillary has zero respect for the most Top Secret National secrets. They were entrusted to her and she treated with reckless disregard. Peoples lives are at risk because of Hillary's recklessness. Fact - Hillary will appoint liberal Judges to the Supreme Court that will shred the Constitution. Fact - Trump will appoint a Conservative Supreme Court Judge that will preserve the Constitution. Fact - Trump has picked a Conservative VP running mate that Hillary's camp is already calling "extreme."

Wanna see if your right about Hillary being a good presidential pick? Wait and see who she picks as her VP. Perhaps the fog will clear in your head when reality sets in.
I completely agree with your facts in regards to Hillary Clinton, and I laugh at your Trump facts, which is at best nothing more than wishful thinking and at worst willful ignorance of the facts.

You may be willing to sell your conscience and vote for Trump, but I believe too strongly in following and doing what is right to do so.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: I laugh at your Trump facts, which is at best nothing more than wishful thinking and at worst willful ignorance of the facts.
Really? Let's look at one of those "ignorant" facts - Trump's VP pick.

I stated -
Ddawg wrote: Fact - Trump has picked a Conservative VP running mate that Hillary's camp is already calling "extreme."

From the New York Times
Who Is Mike Pence?
JULY 15, 2016

"Leslie Lenkowsky, a former professor at Indiana University who has known Mr. Pence for 20 years, said that in an age of business-minded governors who deliberately avoid touchy social issues, "Mike sees himself as a champion of a very culturally conservative set of values that represent small-town Middle America.

He sees his role, Mr. Lenkowsky said, "as protecting them."

Conservative Review said about Mike Pence:
1. Born in 1959 in Columbus, Indiana. Lifelong Indiana resident. Graduated from Hanover College. Graduated from Indiana Univ. School of Law.

2. When Pence went to college, he was a Democrat. Voted for Jimmy Carter. His senior thesis changed his views. His thesis studied the American Founding Fathers, and he graduated from college a committed Conservative and Christian.

3. Pence ran a conservative think tank called the Indiana Policy Review Foundation fro 1991 to 1994.

4. In 1994 Pence started a local radio conservative show. He left the radio show to run for Congress, and won in 2000.

5. As a Congressman, Pence was more conservative than the average GOP Congressman. His American Conservative Union scorecard was frequently perfect.

Fact - Hillary Clinton's campaign called Mike Pence the "most extreme pick in a generation"

That is a badge of honor!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index. ... _call.html

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Ddawg wrote:
BlueK wrote: "Judgment, wisdom, temperament, and prudence are the most important qualities by which to evaluate a potential president. It’s obvious to me that Mr. Trump is not only temperamentally unsuited for the Oval Office; I think he’s quite dangerous—emotionally unstable, erratic, narcissistic, impulsive, cruel and vindictive. He is appealing to our darker impulses. He’s also stunningly uninformed and shallow, at least on matters of policy and philosophy. Even when running for president, he has shown no interest in even acquainting himself with the issues, let alone mastering them."
To quote Imuakahuku - pure crap. Bingo!

I'm sick and tired of the idealistic Pollyanna's imagining that they are taking the moral high ground by rejecting the GOP presumptive presidential nominee and not supporting Trump. He was not my choice, not at all. But he won the nomination.

Note - there is a long, torturous, and grueling primary process to pick the GOP nominee. Like it or not, Donald Trump won the nomination - by a record amount of votes.

Like it or not, Donald Trump is the only candidate running that has a chance to beat lying and deceitful Hillary Clinton - a very good chance.

Joseph Smith predicted that the U.S. Constitution would hang by a thread in the last days. That time is right now. With 1 seat open because of the untimely death of Justice Scalia, and 3-4 more seats possibly coming open. The discarding of the Constitution is very real.

I personally know - repeat - I am very good friends with and personally know someone that has done 2 different real estate deals with Trump. He is no dummy. Yes, he is very confident and arrogant. But, he is smart, detailed, astute, tough, and ultimately - stands by his word. A shrewd tough, but fair and honest man. That was told to me personally a close friend who has dealt with Trump personally.

The Constitution is more important than bruised ideals. Nephi had to put aside the commandment to not commit murder - for a greater good. Few things are more heinous than murdering a defenseless human by cutting their head off. It is gruesome. But that is exactly what Nephi did for the greater good of the people - a nation. I submit that preserving the Constitution and it's principles for millions of U.S. citizens is just as critical. Only Trump will appoint a Supreme Court Judge that will protect the Constitution.
Trump isn't going to uphold the Constitution. He will tear it down even faster than Hillary would. He's already said the government should have the right to punish you for speaking against it. I don't have to vote for either of these two clowns and I won't.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BlueK wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
BlueK wrote: "Judgment, wisdom, temperament, and prudence are the most important qualities by which to evaluate a potential president. It’s obvious to me that Mr. Trump is not only temperamentally unsuited for the Oval Office; I think he’s quite dangerous—emotionally unstable, erratic, narcissistic, impulsive, cruel and vindictive. He is appealing to our darker impulses. He’s also stunningly uninformed and shallow, at least on matters of policy and philosophy. Even when running for president, he has shown no interest in even acquainting himself with the issues, let alone mastering them."

I'm sick and tired of the idealistic Pollyanna's imagining that they are taking the moral high ground by rejecting the GOP presumptive presidential nominee and not supporting Trump. He was not my choice, not at all. But he won the nomination.

Note - there is a long, torturous, and grueling primary process to pick the GOP nominee. Like it or not, Donald Trump won the nomination - by a record amount of votes.

Like it or not, Donald Trump is the only candidate running that has a chance to beat lying and deceitful Hillary Clinton - a very good chance.

Joseph Smith predicted that the U.S. Constitution would hang by a thread in the last days. That time is right now. With 1 seat open because of the untimely death of Justice Scalia, and 3-4 more seats possibly coming open. The discarding of the Constitution is very real.

I personally know - repeat - I am very good friends with and personally know someone that has done 2 different real estate deals with Trump. He is no dummy. Yes, he is very confident and arrogant. But, he is smart, detailed, astute, tough, and ultimately - stands by his word. A shrewd tough, but fair and honest man. That was told to me personally a close friend who has dealt with Trump personally.

The Constitution is more important than bruised ideals. Nephi had to put aside the commandment to not commit murder - for a greater good. Few things are more heinous than murdering a defenseless human by cutting their head off. It is gruesome. But that is exactly what Nephi did for the greater good of the people - a nation. I submit that preserving the Constitution and it's principles for millions of U.S. citizens is just as critical. Only Trump will appoint a Supreme Court Judge that will protect the Constitution.
He will tear it down even faster than Hillary would.
Based on what? Other than Trump stating he will prosecute for speaking out (which we are already doing in this country). I'm sincerely interested.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

http://gawker.com/donald-trump-offered- ... 1783971713
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magaz ... .html?_r=1

Was Pence given a similar deal? Are looking at a de facto Pence administration? Would that be enough for a #NeverTrump guy like me to vote for Trump?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BroncoBot wrote:
BlueK wrote:
Ddawg wrote:

He will tear it down even faster than Hillary would.
Based on what? Other than Trump stating he will prosecute for speaking out (which we are already doing in this country). I'm sincerely interested.
If you really are sincerely interested, read these below. Also, I don't know what you mean by prosecuting for speaking out, but if that is happening it is tragic and should be reversed, not supported by electing someone like Trump who doesn't care about that and would like to advance the idea. Also, I was only responding to someone who mentioned the Constitution as a reason to support Trump, which based on things Trump has said is vomit inducing to people who consider themselves Constitutionalists. By the way, Senator Cruz, nice touch last night in giving the Trumpster the proverbial finger.

Seriously, if you are sincere and do care about the Constitution, read these articles. I'm anything but a liberal or democrat or Hillary supporter, and these are from conservative sources.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/03/donal ... nstitution

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/donal ... le/2581763

These are BASIC Constitutional principles Trump doesn't like. In fact, he wants to destroy them.

As our friend here Hawkwing said in a different thread, if Trump can so easily threaten Muslims, he could easily turn on Mormons as well. He already doesn't like us given the voting results in the primary and the fact that so many in the Utah contingent of the convention were the ones trying to change the rules.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...