Utah Delegates threatened with violence, Mormon's "on the list"

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Utah Delegates threatened with violence, Mormon's "on the list"

Post by snoscythe »

The Trump dilemma comes down to one question: Do you believe Donald will do what he is promising in his campaign?

Where you stand on Trump is most likely decided by how you answer that question. If you believe and trust the guy, he's a good, viable option. If you don't believe the guy and think he's a shyster, you're probably on the #neverTrump wagon.

And it's just about impossible to persuade someone to answer that question differently. There's more than enough proof of his tenuous relationship with the truth out there, so one more bit of evidence isn't likely to persuade a Trumper to change their stripes, and that same proof makes it difficult for the #neverTrump-er to believe Trump really is better than Hillary.

I think we'll all be better off if we stop knocking each other around as naïve, stupid, gullible, whatever just because we choose to trust or not trust Trump. We'll find out soon enough who read the tea leaves right---it's not worth the anger and tainted friendships to argue about it at this point.

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

snoscythe wrote:I think we'll all be better off if we stop knocking each other around as naïve, stupid, gullible, whatever just because we choose to trust or not trust Trump. We'll find out soon enough who read the tea leaves right---it's not worth the anger and tainted friendships to argue about it at this point.
+100. I guess there is a reason they say never to lend money to a relative or argue about politics, it usually doesn't end well.

I keep telling my family we are living in the times of the Book of Helaman , seeing the similarities of what was going on then and what is going on now, both here in the US and globally.

This is how I am looking at this election, Hillary = Lamanite, trying to destroy good for her own personal gain, Trumph = King Noah, a Nephite in name only but a Lamanite at heart. Does that make him a Nino?

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

blue42 wrote:
snoscythe wrote:I think we'll all be better off if we stop knocking each other around as naïve, stupid, gullible, whatever just because we choose to trust or not trust Trump. We'll find out soon enough who read the tea leaves right---it's not worth the anger and tainted friendships to argue about it at this point.
+100. I guess there is a reason they say never to lend money to a relative or argue about politics, it usually doesn't end well.

I keep telling my family we are living in the times of the Book of Helaman , seeing the similarities of what was going on then and what is going on now, both here in the US and globally.

This is how I am looking at this election, Hillary = Lamanite, trying to destroy good for her own personal gain, Trumph = King Noah, a Nephite in name only but a Lamanite at heart. Does that make him a Nino?
HA- Hillary is just a plain ol' Lamanite? That's rich. Let's not insult the good name of Laman by associating the likes of Hillary with his descendants. Lamanites were driven by ignorance and by the tradition of their fathers and largely by a blind hatred of nephite and their white male privilege. Not by secret societies, insider information, scheming to destroy government and push their agenda, using plans to undermine officials and murdering those who get in their way.

Hillary sounds, to me, like a leader of the Gaddianton robber.

I you want to compare Trump to King Noah, I'll gladly take the guy who is lazy, shiftless, gullible and for the most part godless over someone who is actively conspiring to bring society down.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

snoscythe wrote:The Trump dilemma comes down to one question: Do you believe Donald will do what he is promising in his campaign?

Where you stand on Trump is most likely decided by how you answer that question. If you believe and trust the guy, he's a good, viable option. If you don't believe the guy and think he's a shyster, you're probably on the #neverTrump wagon.

And it's just about impossible to persuade someone to answer that question differently. There's more than enough proof of his tenuous relationship with the truth out there, so one more bit of evidence isn't likely to persuade a Trumper to change their stripes, and that same proof makes it difficult for the #neverTrump-er to believe Trump really is better than Hillary.

I think we'll all be better off if we stop knocking each other around as naïve, stupid, gullible, whatever just because we choose to trust or not trust Trump. We'll find out soon enough who read the tea leaves right---it's not worth the anger and tainted friendships to argue about it at this point.
Half agree. It comes down to 2 questions. 1, does donald do what he says he's going to. 2, do you think Donald will uphold enough of his part of the agreement to be better for the USA than Hillary....

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BroncoBot wrote:
snoscythe wrote:The Trump dilemma comes down to one question: Do you believe Donald will do what he is promising in his campaign?

Half agree. It comes down to 2 questions. 1, does donald do what he says he's going to. 2, do you think Donald will uphold enough of his part of the agreement to be better for the USA than Hillary....
I won't vote for either. I know we're pre-programmed to only vote for the two major parties, but let's be honest with ourselves. Each individual is only one vote among hundreds of thousands, or even millions if you live in a large state. Our one vote isn't going to turn the election one way or the other, and that is true even if you vote for one of the two major parties. To me this is by far the worst choice ever, so I won't support it. I'm voting third party. I know the American psyche has a really hard time wrapping its head around that concept. But basic statistics proves your vote isn't any more or less valueable voting in our outside the major parties. So vote your conscience. And my conscience just can't stomach the two major choices in any way, shape or form. Fine if you disagree. I hope you are satisfied with whoever you pick.

And don't try to say my vote makes one or the other win. It doesn't. The data actually shows the LIbertarian Johnson probably actually helps Trump more than Clinton because most Libertarians are so worried about the less predictable Trump that they'd probably vote for Clinton over him. So be happy we're not actually voting for Hillary.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BlueK wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

I won't vote for either. I know we're pre-programmed to only vote for the two major parties, but let's be honest with ourselves. Each individual is only one vote among hundreds of thousands, or even millions if you live in a large state. Our one vote isn't going to turn the election one way or the other, and that is true even if you vote for one of the two major parties. To me this is by far the worst choice ever, so I won't support it. I'm voting third party. I know the American psyche has a really hard time wrapping its head around that concept. But basic statistics proves your vote isn't any more or less valueable voting in our outside the major parties. So vote your conscience. And my conscience just can't stomach the two major choices in any way, shape or form. Fine if you disagree. I hope you are satisfied with whoever you pick.

And don't try to say my vote makes one or the other win. It doesn't. The data actually shows the LIbertarian Johnson probably actually helps Trump more than Clinton because most Libertarians are so worried about the less predictable Trump that they'd probably vote for Clinton over him. So be happy we're not actually voting for Hillary.
I'll definitely vote Johnson over both those other fools. republicans (politicians) are a rather odd group who like to talk a big conservative game but pass a lot of liberal/anti-constitution garbage when it comes down to it. both parties have failed america lately.
it is funny to me that some of the same folks here who were shouting "if you don't vote romney you're voting for BO are the most staunch supporters of "voting their conscience" this time around. what a difference 4 years makes.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Ddawg wrote:
byufan4ever wrote:Telling someone that they should die counts as a death threat in my book and those people should be prosecuted.
I've told a few a$$wipes at work I hope I'm there when they choke on a chicken bone so I can watch them choke to death - and I meant it. I don't think I should be prosecuted. And sadly, they didn't choke on a chicken bone. You don't always get what you want. :lol:
Still a crappy thing to say even to someone you don't like.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote: I will place my commitment to the Constitution, the rule of law, and Conservative values up against anyone here - I take a back seat to no one when it comes to standing firmly by Conservative principles and the GOP. With that GOP support, I am voting for the GOP presidential nominee in November (even though I did not support the now GOP presidential nominee in the primary process). Are you?
These are the very reasons I cannot and will not support the Republican nominee. He's a fraud, fool's gold, and an evil, wicked man. Donald Trump will do more to destroy the Constitution than any other candidate who has ever won a party nomination in the history of this country. I urge everyone who has even an inkling of love of God and the Constitution to find another option for this election.
Well said!

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BroncoBot wrote:
BlueK wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

I'll definitely vote Johnson over both those other fools. republicans (politicians) are a rather odd group who like to talk a big conservative game but pass a lot of liberal/anti-constitution garbage when it comes down to it. both parties have failed america lately.
it is funny to me that some of the same folks here who were shouting "if you don't vote romney you're voting for BO are the most staunch supporters of "voting their conscience" this time around. what a difference 4 years makes.
Mitt Romney recently was quoted in a national article saying he was considering voting for Johnson. He's known the VP nominee William Weld personally for many years and really likes him. After that fascist speech by Trump last night he needs to come right out now and endorse Johnson/Weld. Then I think he should actively campaign for them in Utah and other states where he has some influence. His future as a national republican is shot forever anyway. Do the right thing Mitt!

And even if you're not sure about the libertarians on some things, Gary Johnson is at least a good, honorable man. Hillary and Trump are just plain BAD people. Johnson was a successful two-term governor as a libertarian leaning republican in a democrat leaning state, as was Weld. He knows how to work with people and will uphold the principles of the Constitution. This is BY FAR the best qualified ticket on the entire ballot this time. Don't uphold the corrupt two-party system any longer.

Screamineagle
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Screamineagle »

They(Libertarians) need to get polling at 15% so they can get in the debates if they do that most are so disgusted by this whole thing that they might actually have a shot.