2nd Amend - Stand By

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2nd Amend - Stand By

Post by Ddawg »

All you who think Prez. Hillary is more acceptable than Trump - look out 2nd Amendment. Back in 2008 the Supreme Court voted 5-4 to support the "right to keep and bear arms." That's close! With Hillary appointing liberal judges? Stand-by.

"How a Clinton Administration Could Have a Major Impact on Second Amendment"

Speaking to Fox News, legal analysts speculated that Clinton’s high court appointees could determine that Americans do not have a right to “keep and bear arms.” The court only narrowly affirmed that right in 2008 with a 5-4 vote.

“They may reverse that decision, or they may limit it so it doesn’t mean much,” George Mason University law professor David Bernstein told Fox News.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08 ... lysts-say/

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: 2nd Amend - Stand By

Post by BroncoBot »

Ddawg wrote:All you who think Prez. Hillary is more acceptable than Trump - look out 2nd Amendment. Back in 2008 the Supreme Court voted 5-4 to support the "right to keep and bear arms." That's close! With Hillary appointing liberal judges? Stand-by.

"How a Clinton Administration Could Have a Major Impact on Second Amendment"

Speaking to Fox News, legal analysts speculated that Clinton’s high court appointees could determine that Americans do not have a right to “keep and bear arms.” The court only narrowly affirmed that right in 2008 with a 5-4 vote.

“They may reverse that decision, or they may limit it so it doesn’t mean much,” George Mason University law professor David Bernstein told Fox News.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08 ... lysts-say/
I honestly think with Hillary in the white house every single amendment will be under attack. I don't believe that to be the case with Trump, although he's a damned fool and the republicans who elected him as nominee have been a bunch of sissy pouty neanderthals for decades now. Really George W was the best we could come up with? McCain as nominee? Romney who is Obama light? Sheesh. It's no wonder we are in the situation we find ourselves. It's a decision between a radical who would do anything to get rid of as many rights and liberties as possible and a doofus who is completely unpredictable but who just might do the right thing sometimes.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/sus ... onal-right
"If it is a constitutional right, then it, like every other constitutional right, is subject to reasonable regulation,
First, she's not even sure the right to bear arms is a constitutional right. And then she says that every constitution right can be regulated. Bottom line, she doesn't believe that all men are created equal and she certainly doesn't believe that we are endowed by our Creator with rights. ALL of our rights are given to us by the government and can be subsequently taken away.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

SpiffCoug wrote:http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/sus ... onal-right
"If it is a constitutional right, then it, like every other constitutional right, is subject to reasonable regulation,
First, she's not even sure the right to bear arms is a constitutional right. And then she says that every constitution right can be regulated. Bottom line, she doesn't believe that all men are created equal and she certainly doesn't believe that we are endowed by our Creator with rights. ALL of our rights are given to us by the government and can be subsequently taken away.
I'm generally okay with Hillary bashing, but now you're just reading too much into things.

Name a right you don't think can be subjected to regulation. I'm hard pressed to think of one. Even the most ardent of conservatives generally believe that there are instances where war is justified, or where the death penalty is appropriate, or where taking a life in self-defense is a legitimate action--all of which are government regulations on the right to life itself.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I agree with Dwag, Spiff and Bot. I've said it before and I'll say it now; I am not sure where Trump is but I know there are few if any freedoms that are safe from hillary rodham. How did we get from a government that insured our rights to one that thinks they are the giver of rights. No wonder they want God out of everything, they think that is who they are.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Hillary MIGHT TAKE OUR GUNS!!!
The tiny-handed Orange Tsar MIGHT START A NUCLEAR WAR!!!

I'm still more scared of Trump. Though again, both are evil, and either would be awful.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Mars wrote:Hillary MIGHT TAKE OUR GUNS!!!

I'm still more scared of Trump. Though again, both are evil, and either would be awful.
Well, we KNOW that Hillary lies to the American people, we KNOW she refuses aid to Americans under attack, we KNOW she takes money from terrorists through a fake charity. We're afraid that Trump MIGHT be really bad, too.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Schmoe wrote:

Well, we KNOW that Hillary lies to the American people, we KNOW she refuses aid to Americans under attack, we KNOW she takes money from terrorists through a fake charity. We're afraid that Trump MIGHT be really bad, too.
I agree we know that about Hillary, but as for Trump, we know he is a deceitful person, we know that he responds to any slight, real or imagined with inappropriate, over-the-top reactions, we know he is a racist, misogynist, we know that he wants to use nuclear weapons in first strike scenarios so yes, we're quite terrified of a man like that becoming the President.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:
Schmoe wrote:

I agree we know that about Hillary, but as for Trump, we know he is a deceitful person, we know that he responds to any slight, real or imagined with inappropriate, over-the-top reactions, we know he is a racist, misogynist, we know that he wants to use nuclear weapons in first strike scenarios so yes, we're quite terrified of a man like that becoming the President.
I don't get the trump is a racist card. why is that a given?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cotto ... le/2598807
Hillary Clinton recklessly discussed, in emails hosted on her private server, an Iranian nuclear scientist who was executed by Iran for treason, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., said Sunday.

"I'm not going to comment on what he may or may not have done for the United States government, but in the emails that were on Hillary Clinton's private server, there were conversations among her senior advisors about this gentleman," he said on "Face the Nation." Cotton was speaking about Shahram Amiri, who gave information to the U.S. about Iran's nuclear program.
I'm sure this is all purely coincidental.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!