What happened to the board moderators?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

What happened to the board moderators?

Post by Mars »

Locking threads is easy. Deleting offensive posts takes work. I'm disappointed in the personal attacks I've seen some get away with on this board recently. Even cougarboard, with 1000x the daily posts, doesn't allow that kind of flaming.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Schmoe
Retired

Re: What happened to the board moderators?

Post by Schmoe »

I agree. People calling for others to lose their jobs and calling them bigots simply because they disagree is totally unacceptable.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I agree as well, we have not done an adequate job moderating the board over the last few weeks. We need to do better.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

It may not mean much toady, but I can vouch that SpiffCoug and hawkwing were addressing this very issue yesterday and acknowledge that we moderators (me especially) can do better, and need to do better. Just wish we would have made course correction before it became this obvious that it is needed.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

It's been a long summer and slow except for rumors. Things are starting to pick up and the mods will be on their toes again, except for some last chance vacations, I would bet.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

Thanks You guys all have lives outside CB and are not the cause of the problem. The idiot jerk ignoramus losers who aren't worthy to lick cow dung are the source of the problem ;)

Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

BoiseBYU wrote:Thanks You guys all have lives outside CB and are not the cause of the problem. The idiot jerk ignoramus losers who aren't worthy to lick cow dung are the source of the problem ;)
That hurts Boise. That really hurts. :~(

:P

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

Thanks for all you guys do. Hawkwing operates this as a side project to the rest of his life, and at personal expense because of his love for the university. The mods also spend a great amount of personal time being babysitters for grown a** men. Thanks for your hard work too.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

snoscythe wrote:It may not mean much toady, but I can vouch that SpiffCoug and hawkwing were addressing this very issue yesterday and acknowledge that we moderators (me especially) can do better, and need to do better. Just wish we would have made course correction before it became this obvious that it is needed.
To be fair, discussing politics and religion is rarely handled well by anyone, and I know that hawk doesn't want to ban those topics completely.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
snoscythe wrote:It may not mean much toady, but I can vouch that SpiffCoug and hawkwing were addressing this very issue yesterday and acknowledge that we moderators (me especially) can do better, and need to do better. Just wish we would have made course correction before it became this obvious that it is needed.
To be fair, discussing politics and religion is rarely handled well by anyone, and I know that hawk doesn't want to ban those topics completely.
You're right, I want to allow the ability for discussion to happen on almost any topic, as long as it's fair and respectful to opposing views. My vision of CougarCorner is that it should be as welcoming and inviting to all Cougar fans regardless of political affiliation, race, religions belief, sexual orientation, etc. I know I fall extremely short in implementing that vision at times, which is why I appreciate the reminder.