This ExMo is seriously crazy.

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

This ExMo is seriously crazy.

Post by BroncoBot »

How about these choices my fine friend.
1. Don't go to BYU
2. Transfer

Or, I suppose you could be miserable and do the following....

KingCoug
All-American

Re: This ExMo is seriously crazy.

Post by KingCoug »

We see this same thing with ex-members over and over again. Anger, bitterness, pride, as well as a complete inability to "leave the Church but not leave it alone," as the late Elder Maxwell put it. It reminds me of what Joseph Smith said about not being able to get back on neutral ground once you've known the truth.

Anyway, if the Ex-Mo above actually had the courage of his convictions he would have transferred. What a coward.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I agree with you guys. I assume they think they'll loose too much if they leave or transfer. That should not stop them if they have integrity. I would hope BYU would transfer all their credits and do all they can to encourage them to leave. I did not read all the suggestions but these kind of people are very sneaky. Much of the early persecution of the church were from people like this.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

We saw the same thing in the Book of Mormon. The dissenters left the church, joined the Lamanites and instigated a war against the Nephites. In most cases they ended up dying in the battle.

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

What a pathetic idiot. For his level of paranoia, you would think he was the last surviving human among the body snatchers.

I cannot identify with this angst at all. I myself was only semi-active during some of my time at BYU. I had no anxieties, no harassment, no difficulties what so ever. Perhaps the difference for me compared to him, was that I did not hate the Church. I loved and admired the Church, and this guy was a sneaky, hateful weasel. He could barely wait to come out of cover so he could deliver some sort of rebuke or indictment to, as he supposed, inflict damage as a revenge.

That's what some of those "ex-Mormons" do, who cannot let it go. They feel like their feelings must be validated. They hate the Church, so they have an obsession for their emotions to be validated. Only via the destruction of the Church can their feelings be assuaged. They can have no peace as long as the Church grows and flourishes. Regarding the LGTB groups that lobbied the Big 12 against BYU, theirs is the same story. This is especially true for those activists among them that are former LDS's. It is pure hate.