Starting to lean towards Evan McMullin for President

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Starting to lean towards Evan McMullin for President

Post by BlueK »

nuk13 wrote:At this point I am voting my conscience and will be voting for Trump. He just helped me by saying he'll work for term limits. Until he is able to do this I will not be voting for incumbents like Mike Crapo and Mike Simpson. Trump is also a businessman rather than a politician.

I would also have liked to have had Scott Walker even though he is a politician. He stood up to the unions. I liked Dr. Carson too but not enough people voted for either of them.

The more this political thing boils the more it comes to me that incumbency is one of the worst things that has happened to this country politically.
gerrymandered congressional districts is the worst thing that has happened to the country. That's what causes the incumbency

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

[quote="hawkwing"][/quote]

Ummm...doesn't this kind of go to show he tilts it towards Clinton? Blocks Trump--as is his stated intent, and sends it to the House with Hillary holding more electoral votes (i.e. the higher ground)?

Not voting for any one of the three, but this just kind of furthers my squeamish vibe about McMullin--the guy who never managed or ran anything but wants to run a country.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

what does the higher ground even mean? The House can vote for whoever they want. And in this case it's one vote per state. So Hillary would have a really hard time winning because her electoral votes would come from many fewer states. And the reps from those non-Hillary states would be afraid of upsetting their constituents by voting for Hillary.

All a moot point anyway. Hillary will win easily. There is no point in voting for Trump if you don't really like him because he has no chance at this point anyway.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:

Ummm...doesn't this kind of go to show he tilts it towards Clinton? Blocks Trump--as is his stated intent, and sends it to the House with Hillary holding more electoral votes (i.e. the higher ground)?

Not voting for any one of the three, but this just kind of furthers my squeamish vibe about McMullin--the guy who never managed or ran anything but wants to run a country.
Was thinking the same thing, but I'm done wasting energy on you Utahns. :utard:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Hillary won the election back in May when the GOP voters failed to stop Trump in the Indiana primaries. She almost lost at the convention, but the GOP leaders failed to remove Trump.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Another example (that I've brought up here) of Republicans missing a YUGE opportunity to strike a blow to the Democrats. Another example of the press and Americans in general to apply double standards when it comes to the Clintons. It's a chance to pull Clinton's old skeletons out of the closet, it's a chance to expose the "racist" double standard in prosecuting and taking seriously accusations against whites vs blacks. This was was pure gold from a Republican PR standpoint. And they never brought it up once.

Bill vs Bill
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/team ... mparisons/

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:Another example (that I've brought up here) of Republicans missing a YUGE opportunity to strike a blow to the Democrats. Another example of the press and Americans in general to apply double standards when it comes to the Clintons. It's a chance to pull Clinton's old skeletons out of the closet, it's a chance to expose the "racist" double standard in prosecuting and taking seriously accusations against whites vs blacks. This was was pure gold from a Republican PR standpoint. And they never brought it up once.

Bill vs Bill
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/team ... mparisons/
In 2012, nominating Romney was a mistake - if only for the fact that because he was the "owner" of RomneyCare he wouldn't be able to properly prosecute the case against Obama and the debacle that is ObamaCare.

So, when faced with the prospect of running against a corrupt, deceitful, liar like Hillary Clinton who has all kinds of skeletons in the closet, the GOP decides to nominate someone who couldn't properly prosecute the case against her corruption, lies and animosity towards women.

The GOP and its voters have blown two straight elections by nominating a candidate that couldn't win.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BroncoBot wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:

Speaking of Utah Republicans voting for McMullin. Over the past several weeks, I've had dozens of people talk to me at work, text me, call me, and neighbors talk to me. They know I am LDS and have close ties to Utah.

Theses folks are my fellow Conservative friends. They all see what is going on in Utah with the McMullin vote. They are dumbfounded. They ask: "What are those Utah Mormons doing? Voting for a guy that has no chance of winning. All they are doing is taking away votes from Trump and helping Hillary." I respond that they are taking a "moral" stance and voting their conscience. Then they ask - using one of the following: "Are they stupid? Idiots? Foolish? Morons? They are proving nothing and sending no message to anyone. They're just helping Hillary."

I know you guys voting for McMullin think you are taking the moral high ground. I'm just telling you how it is being viewed by loyal GOP voters in CA. They think your brains have short circuited.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:

Speaking of Utah Republicans voting for McMullin. Over the past several weeks, I've had dozens of people talk to me at work, text me, call me, and neighbors talk to me. They know I am LDS and have close ties to Utah.

Theses folks are my fellow Conservative friends. They all see what is going on in Utah with the McMullin vote. They are dumbfounded. They ask: "What are those Utah Mormons doing? Voting for a guy that has no chance of winning. All they are doing is taking away votes from Trump and helping Hillary." I respond that they are taking a "moral" stance and voting their conscience. Then they ask - using one of the following: "Are they stupid? Idiots? Foolish? Morons? They are proving nothing and sending no message to anyone. They're just helping Hillary."

I know you guys voting for McMullin think you are taking the moral high ground. I'm just telling you how it is being viewed by loyal GOP voters in CA. They think your brains have short circuited.
We can go around and around for a long time on this. There are numerous other GOP voters who think you guys who will vote for Trump no matter what have lost your minds. So let's let it rest.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote: We can go around and around for a long time on this. There are numerous other GOP voters who think you guys who will vote for Trump no matter what have lost your minds. So let's let it rest.
It's not over till it's over.

There is only 1 GOP candidate that has a chance to keep the most corrupt and dishonest political family out of the White House - that is Donald Trump - potty mouth and all. Voting for any other candidate is a vote for Hillary. The GOP ran an honest primary (unlike the corrupt, fixed democrat primary). Like it or not, Trump won the GOP nomination through the democratic process - fair and square.