Starting to lean towards Evan McMullin for President

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Starting to lean towards Evan McMullin for President

Post by BroncoBot »

He's still way more anti immigration than Hillary. He has softened a bit, sure. But he's not talking global amnesty... yet.

BTW. I'm pro immigration and think that we should let more people into our country. Building a wall talk is just dumb. BUT, I'm anti welfare state. Let them come here legally and easily, get a job, pay taxes (and let's just get rid of most of the taxes while were at it), get educated, contribute, raise good families and not suck on the welfare state's teat for generations. It's becoming a joke. Let those who want to contribute enter, take away the entitlements so people who are leeches have much less incentive to come here.
Last edited by BroncoBot on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

So, we're back to the "He's not Hillary" argument, which is proving to simply not be enough to win. He stands for nothing. He can't be believed on any position he does take. He's a loser candidate. He's choking away an election against a extremely beatable candidate.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:So, we're back to the "He's not Hillary" argument, which is proving to simply not be enough to win. He stands for nothing. He can't be believed on any position he does take. He's a loser candidate. He's choking away an election against a extremely beatable candidate.
Actually a lot of polls are turning against Hillary. And yes, I will continue to compare Hillary to Trump as that's basically the two options we have at this point. Read my EDIT above. I don't care about immigration, but I think that Hillary will take away more rights and freedoms vs Trump. That's all that I care about at this point.

He is certainly a loser candidate, I'm not arguing that. But HRC has basically been deemed the winner of this election for years. Just using a map and the electoral college system you knew WHOEVER was going to run against Hillary was going to be fighting an uphill battle. I commend Trump for making it THIS competitive. Look at Romney vs Obumbler in 2012. That should have been a guaranteed Republican victory. Unprecedented poor polling incumbent presidential numbers and still the country couldn't help but turn it into a disaster. I think some of you are forgetting (and don't give enough credit) that Trump's message (like it or not and I like it a lot more than HRC's) resonated strongly with a ton of (according to the whiny press -white angry privileged) people. If electing Trump sends a message to both parties to clean up their act, great.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:So, we're back to the "He's not Hillary" argument, which is proving to simply not be enough to win. He stands for nothing. He can't be believed on any position he does take. He's a loser candidate. He's choking away an election against a extremely beatable candidate.
Actually a lot of polls are turning against Hillary. And yes, I will continue to compare Hillary to Trump as that's basically the two options we have at this point. Read my EDIT above. I don't care about immigration, but I think that Hillary will take away more rights and freedoms vs Trump. That's all that I care about at this point.
Agreed. The GOP voters screwed the pooch on this one. They chose to go for the candidate who now has the same position on immigration that he used against his opponents to snooker the voters to reject candidates who could have beaten Hillary and select the one candidate who didn't want to win.

(8.4x
..................ATT
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
Agreed. The GOP voters screwed the pooch on this one. They chose to go for the candidate who now has the same position on immigration that he used against his opponents to snooker the voters to reject candidates who could have beaten Hillary and select the one candidate who didn't want to win.
On this we agree completely.

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

I have to wonder if Trump is a patsy whose goal is to deliver the presidency to Hillary.

I certainly don't think Hillary could win if she were opposed by a reasonable conservative.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

vancouvercougar wrote:I have to wonder if Trump is a patsy whose goal is to deliver the presidency to Hillary.

I certainly don't think Hillary could win if she were opposed by a reasonable conservative.
I think that's lazy thinking. Romney was that "reasonable conservative" 4 years ago. There are a TON of people in this country who have been duped into thinking that voting for a "Dem" is the right thing to do, no matter who the "R" is.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:He stands for nothing. He can't be believed on any position he does take. He's a loser candidate. He's choking away an election against a extremely beatable candidate.
Unfortunately, I agree. But you're describing every Republican candidate that I can remember. #statusquo

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:He stands for nothing. He can't be believed on any position he does take. He's a loser candidate. He's choking away an election against a extremely beatable candidate.
Unfortunately, I agree. But you're describing every Republican candidate that I can remember. #statusquo
Too true.

(8.4x
..................ATT
CougarDCC
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CougarDCC »

vancouvercougar wrote:I have to wonder if Trump is a patsy whose goal is to deliver the presidency to Hillary.

Not only do I believe that he's a Clinton crony who is doing nothing more than guaranteeing the current election for Hillary, he's also done a fantastic job of driving a serious wedge between minorities and the Republican Party thus guaranteeing that no Republican will be able to win the Presidency for several elections to come.