Another reason #nevertrump is a bad idea

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Another reason #nevertrump is a bad idea

Post by BroncoBot »

HRC is going to surround herself with the Debbie Wasserman Schultzes and Donna Braziles of the world.

Trump on the other hand, already picked a pretty darn good VP and I believe will make much better choices when it comes to picking those who advise him. (whether or not he takes their advice is a different story)
PS - how bad did the Republicans blow it by not getting someone like Carson elected as nominee?

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Another reason #nevertrump is a bad idea

Post by hawkwing »

There is never a bad reason to be #nevertrump

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

snoscythe wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:PS - how bad did the Republicans blow it by not getting someone like Carson elected as nominee?
PPS -- a combination of idiots who voted for Trump the first time around self-involved candidates who refused to withdraw when it was obvious they could not win and split the non-Trump vote.
all of whom were Repubs, correct?

The republicans blew it. This should have been the easiest election ever with what has transpired. I agree with you sno, very selfish of many of the republican candidates who refused to withdraw and simply get behind one solid candidate. Any of the solid candidates this year would have spanked HRC and this year had a much larger than average # of good-great candidates. Sad.
Last edited by BroncoBot on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:There is never a bad reason to be #nevertrump
If you can honestly tell me that you'd rather have Hillary rat face lying Clinton as president of the US, knowing full well what HRC has done to get where she is instead of Trump, I suppose I can honor your opinion Hawk. Otherwise, I think you're being silly.

When your daughters have to declare for the draft I hope you'll remember the moral high road you and #nevertrump took.

This suddenly has become a close race. I think the polls (and emails have shown this to be the case) are being "rigged" in her favor and I'm hoping for a Trump landslide with or without utah.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
If you can honestly tell me that you'd rather have Hillary rat face lying Clinton as president of the US, knowing full well what HRC has done to get where she is instead of Trump, I suppose I can honor your opinion Hawk. Otherwise, I think you're being silly.

When your daughters have to declare for the draft I hope you'll remember the moral high road you and #nevertrump took.

This suddenly has become a close race. I think the polls (and emails have shown this to be the case) are being "rigged" in her favor and I'm hoping for a Trump landslide with or without utah.
It is my opinion and belief that Donald Trump will do more to damage this country than any other Candidate running. That has been the result of countless hours of study and prayerful consideration on the matter and has the driving force behind my following the #NeverTrump movement.

If Donald Trump represents Republican values and ideas then Republican values and ideals do not represent me nor my family and I will not be so beholden to a political party that I have to do and vote for evil to sustain it. I would rather see it fail and a new party emerge.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

It is my opinion and belief that Donald Trump will do more to damage this country than any other Candidate running. That has been the result of countless hours of study and prayerful consideration on the matter and has the driving force behind my following the #NeverTrump movement.

If Donald Trump represents Republican values and ideas then Republican values and ideals do not represent me nor my family and I will not be so beholden to a political party that I have to do and vote for evil to sustain it. I would rather see it fail and a new party emerge.
Then you and I disagree. Have a good day.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

Then you and I disagree. Have a good day.
Yes we do. Good day.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

I am married to a strong wonderful woman. I have a beautiful daughter, the mother to a delightful grand daughter. I am blessed by three wonderful, independent daughters in law. Donald Trump boasts of sexually assaulting women and getting away with it because he is rich and powerful. Instead of pleading shame and embarrassment, he pleads locker room talk. I do not know how I could vote for Trump and look any of these women in the eye again. I am a proud parent of an active duty officer. Donald Trump advocates the military commit war crimes. I do not know how I could vote for Trump and look my son in the eye again. I have ancestors who froze to death on the plains because of their religious faith. Donald Trump wants to single people out and exclude them based on religious affiliation. I do not know how I can vote for Trump without, in effect, condoning the religious bigotry that killed members of my family. My goal is not to persuade any of you, or even judge any of you one way or another, because I think people have made their minds up and I respect people who take the time to study it out pray over it and then act. But that is where I am.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Ben Carson is a tool. Better than Trump, but a total idiot.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BroncoBot wrote:

Bronco, you've been trolled by a really dumb hoax dumped onto facebook by 4chan, a stupid alt-right platform trying hard to get Trump elected. Frankly, there is a much better chance of a President Trump touching off a nuclear war through an idiotic twitter war at 3am than of a draft being implemented, much less one that includes women.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...