Sums Up My Vote

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Sums Up My Vote

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:Just wait and see who Trump nominates for the Supreme Court - it will set the stage for how serious he is to protect and promote Conservative government principles.
I've heard/read a couple places online today that Trump promised Ted Cruz that he would nominate Mike Lee to SCOTUS in exchange for Cruz's eventual support.
A nomination I would certainly support.
You will see that your Joy Behar talking points about Trump were wrong. Trump will make solid appointments to the Supreme Court and give the Constitution a 20-25 year reprieve from the Libtard onslaught.

I always had faith in the judgment of Rudy Giuliani, Laura Ingraham, Newt Gingrich, etc. Trump will be good for America thru Conservative, Constitutional principles.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:Just wait and see who Trump nominates for the Supreme Court - it will set the stage for how serious he is to protect and promote Conservative government principles.
I've heard/read a couple places online today that Trump promised Ted Cruz that he would nominate Mike Lee to SCOTUS in exchange for Cruz's eventual support.
You will see that your Joy Behar talking points about Trump were wrong. Trump will make solid appointments to the Supreme Court and give the Constitution a 20-25 year reprieve from the Libtard onslaught.

I always had faith in the judgment of Rudy Giuliani, Laura Ingraham, Newt Gingrich, etc. Trump will be good for America thru Conservative, Constitutional principles.
I've never used any person's talking points about Trump.

It's time for the country to come together not to further attempt to belittle or divide the nation and the people. Trump's speech last night did a great job of starting that, but now his followers need to start following suite or we will have a country that builds on the division that we've seen growing over the last 8 years under Obama.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
That would be good but my dream would be that he talks Roberts into retirement and appoints Cruz Chief Justice.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

imuakahuku wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
That would be good but my dream would be that he talks Roberts into retirement and appoints Cruz Chief Justice.
I can't imagine any scenario in which Roberts retires. Is there some news I don't realize, like he's sick or unhappy being Chief Justice?

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:

I've never used any person's talking points about Trump.

It's time for the country to come together not to further attempt to belittle or divide the nation and the people. Trump's speech last night did a great job of starting that, but now his followers need to start following suite or we will have a country that builds on the division that we've seen growing over the last 8 years under Obama.
Amen.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:P.S. The Obama legacy - all his Executive Orders and ObamaCare? Poof! Gone with the wind.
Suhweeeeet!
Wait I thought the whole thing was rigged? Sigh. Your man won. I congratulate you and yours. I will endeavor to pray for him. Right now I confess that when I do so, bile comes up. I think the only people more pleased than you are the folks in the Kremlin. This country is or at least can be greater than any President. That is my hope and that we didn't just get a mess of pottage.
Again more media misdirection. Don has no interest in Russia unlike HRC who "sold" half our uranium to Russia. All Trump said was that Putin was a strong leader. He was comparing our feckless and weak CnC to the Russian president who had the world trembling. The media has run with that and blown it so out of proportion and context.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

hawkwing wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
I can't imagine any scenario in which Roberts retires. Is there some news I don't realize, like he's sick or unhappy being Chief Justice?
Nothing except I'm pretty sure he is compromised. He wrote the opinion against Obamacare penalty and the day of the vote he switched and made up a dishonest reason calling it a tax that was still illegal since it would have originated from the senate. They have something on him or paid him off or something. He should retire now that Trump is president since a conservative can be appointed in his place.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: I've never used any person's talking points about Trump.
Good.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

I'm actually hoping for Justice Don Willett. If for no other reason than his twitter feed is funny, thoughtful and he certainly has some good experience.

https://twitter.com/justicewillett?lang=en

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

Didn't SCJ Ruth Ginsburg say she was leaving if Trump was elected? I've got my fingers crossed that she's a woman of her word. That'd be another spot that will have to be filled by a Trump nominee.