Yeah - No More ISIL

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Yeah - No More ISIL

Post by Ddawg »

jvquarterback wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
jvquarterback wrote: The Israelis are moochers. Great big moochers.
Subjective. There are about 196 countries in the world. About 140 of them receive aid from the U.S. Basically, throw a dart at the map of the world, hit a country, and you have 71% chance of hitting a country we give aid to. Yeah, our foreign aid is out of control. Basically, the entire world, every country are moochers. Everyone is greedy and has their hand out for money from the Uncle Sam, and we are too willing to hand it out. Yep.
Subjective? I don't think you know what that word means.
My oh my - aren't you the rude one. I've been courteous to you. I'm done with your whining. Have a good day.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

Oh boo hoo. You lose a point in the discussion and then tell me I'm rude and to stop whining. I believe I've seen you associate that behavior with Democrats before.

Just because you accept hypocrisy for one group doesn't mean I shouldn't call you on it. The Israelis are the biggest foreign moochers off the US in the world - based on objective data.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

jvquarterback wrote:Oh boo hoo. You lose a point in the discussion and then tell me I'm rude and to stop whining. I believe I've seen you associate that behavior with Democrats before.

Just because you accept hypocrisy for one group doesn't mean I shouldn't call you on it. The Israelis are the biggest foreign moochers off the US in the world - based on objective data.
Oh boo hoo? You really do whine. And, you are rude. You want to have a real discussion - let's have it. You start calling the Jews in Israel Nazis - you just stepped off the ledge. Your bias is blinding you.

Your perspective that the Israeli's are the biggest moochers in the world is your perspective. You certainly will find shone that agree with you. So what. I disagree. You're an anti-military blog reader, who's never served in the military, you think you're an expert in terrorism and foreign affairs. Yet, you've never held a top secret clearance or received top secret briefings in military or terrorism matters. Interesting. Congrats with your assumptions. I simply choose to not discuss this any further with you.

Have a nice day.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

First, I'd invite you to check out antiwar.com before you say it's antimilitary. It's mostly a compilation of statistics for those killed in wars throughout the world with links to outside articles. If you have another site you use to compile what's going on in the world please suggest it to the rest of us. Like I've said before I spend a few hours a week following the counsel that we learn about what's going on in the world. I don't think that makes me an expert and I rather question the idea that there are any experts in the field. So rather than hide our ignorance behind a lack of top secret clearances we should each become as informed as possible.

Second, antiwar is pro military. It's too bad we haven't had more folks against the wars our country has started in the past 60 years from the beginning. Tens of thousands of US soldiers dead or maimed who had no reason to be in some foreign land (don't even get started on how many they've killed and injured). I still regularly treat patients with cancer from Vietnam and that is usually the least of their problems.

If by rudeness you mean pointing out you have repeatedly confused the terms subjective and objective I'm certainly not going to concede the point. Israelis take more from the US than any other foreign group. That isn't my perspective, that's just how it is - presented objectively in per capita "aid" given to Israel by the US.

Finally, I think you've mistaken Jews in Israel with Israelis in Hebron (an area C Palestinian controlled territory). I was surprised when the settler representative on the tour said the commandment to kill all of the non-Jews living in Hebron is still active and supported by the Bible. I'm sure we can both point out others who believe in the extermination of people of another faith, but that's certainly aspect of Nazism embodied by the settlers in Hebron. Most Israelis are great people, just like most Syrians and Saudis are. It wasn't you who asked who the Nazi's are in this thread, and neither of us brought it up, but there are terrible people on both sides of what's going on in the Holy Land.

Anyway, have a nice Sunday. Not sure if this counts with agreeing with my adversary in the way but I hope you feel better about it.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams