John Kelly

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

John Kelly

Post by BroncoBot »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 1030106452

It sounds like this was a great pick by Trump. Can't imagine all this family has sacrificed for their country. Robert Kelly sounds like the type of warrior you'd want representing the USA.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: John Kelly

Post by SpiffCoug »

Trump is incapable of making a good pick because this Chief of Staff will have the same problem as the previous one: the boss of the Chief of Staff.

Trump is a joke. He is unserious and wants personal loyalty above all else. You can't run a successful country when the chief executive demands more loyalty to him than to the nation.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:Trump is incapable of making a good pick because this Chief of Staff will have the same problem as the previous one: the boss of the Chief of Staff.

Trump is a joke. He is unserious and wants personal loyalty above all else. You can't run a successful country when the chief executive demands more loyalty to him than to the nation.
I agree. BUT, our country has been lead by several psycopaths in the past. Trump also can't run a country when he's surrounded by people who can't wait to watch him hang. Getting rid of Priebus was necessary.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

SpiffCoug wrote:Trump is incapable of making a good pick because this Chief of Staff will have the same problem as the previous one: the boss of the Chief of Staff.

Disagreed.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

nuk13 wrote:

Disagreed.
I'd love to hear why.

(8.4x
..................ATT
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

SpiffCoug wrote:
nuk13 wrote:

Disagreed.
I'd love to hear why.
I found a few things on CDN. He has 110 fewer employers on the White House staff and he's issued an executive order reducing federal meddling in the nation's education system.

There is more but I don't want to keep going back and forth. I picked these 2 because if he just wanted loyalty he'd put one people and increased control. He looks very serious about reducing costs.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Fair enough.

(8.4x
..................ATT
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

SpiffCoug wrote:Fair enough.
If there were still an approval check I would. Mr. Trump is not perfect but I see him as far better than the last president and far better than his opponent.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

SpiffCoug wrote:
nuk13 wrote:

Disagreed.
I'd love to hear why.
I absolutely LOVED this sob-piece from Max Bergmann at Politico some weeks back. His premise is that Rex Tillerson is shrinking the State Department, therefore he is wrecking the State Department. So he goes on for paragraphs and paragraphs about empty offices, diplomats sent into retirement, unneeded furniture being disposed of, smaller (or axed) hiring programs, and then tells us that the State Department won't be able to function--but he can't name a single concrete meeting the State Department was unable to attend that they should have attended. As a small-government advocate, this was exactly what I was hoping for with Trump. Tillerson is cutting the fat, and the big-government liberals are in tears as it happens, but they can't identify a specific negative outcome other than government employees being downsized and going into early retirement.

Politico also has a recurring piece for the past 8 weeks they call "5 Things Trump Did While You Weren't Looking" that highlights how Trump and his executive branch are re-shaping policy and programs where they can without Congressional involvement--rolling back Obama-era regulations, downsizing programs and staffs, etc.

While the media obsesses over GOP Congressional dysfunction (not Trump's fault) and the West Wing soap opera (Trump's fault, but really--who cares if it's Spicer/Mooch/Priebus/Kelly?), Trump is quietly going about doing what he can do fulfill his promises. The press is so caught up in the relatively inane issue of who the Chief of Staff or spox is, and there is not enough oxygen for them to cover in any depth what is going on.

How many people know that the Trump administration:
-repealed the Obama era fracking ban?
-withdrew the Obama-era Labor Department guidance that would have made millions of 1099 contractors into W2 employees and crushed small businesses?
-eliminated third-party payouts in DOJ settlements (i.e. the DOJ can no longer require an accused party to pay money to a third-party as part of a settlement--a tool Obama used to funnel money to donor associations and corporations)?
-successfully negotiated for the US to be able to sell rice to China--something W. and Obama tried and tried to do, but could never get it done?
-reformed the 340B prescription reimbursement program to eliminate upward pressure on drug prices?
-repealed the Waters of the United States rule (Obama era rule that gave the EPA Clean Water Act jurisdiction over ditches and puddles)?

So, if you follow the media narrative of what Trump is doing, he looks like a bumbling failure who can't get anything done. If you take some time to look at what is really happening and what he is doing where Congress is not standing in his way, Trump is doing everything he promised and more.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Exactly Sno. Opposite of what all the "Never Trump" crowd predicted, and opposite of the corrupt MSM drumbeat, Trump is moving his agenda forward. Trump's biggest obstacle is a spineless and ineffective GOP Congress. (McCain and Obama are BFF's.)

Even CNN's Cuomo recognizes Donald Trump is steadily moving his agenda forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVFcnfSzrj8