Women's Soccer 2016

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Women's Soccer 2016

Post by SkystheLimit »

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Tonight's game against Denver was really sad. Love that we won 7-0, but Denver was SO bad and it was such a sloppy, wet field that it wasn't even a challenge for BYU. We have an AWESOME team! The last goal came when the Denver defender tried to kick the ball back to the goalkeeper and, because of how much water was on the field, it slowed the ball down and if didn't make it to the keeper. Elise Flake got a hold of it and took it past rhe keeper to the goal. It was not pretty.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I hope a lot of subs got to play and no one got hurt.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Long Beach State coming tomorrow. They're actually a pretty good team with some quality wins this year and have played a tough schedule.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

The subbed out the entire team and the keeper (got to see Sabrina Macias play). No injuries as far as I could tell.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Nerve-wracking 1-0 win tonight over Long Beach State. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game until our lone goal was scored because knew that, until we scored, the game was up for grabs. The only goal was scored by Ashley Hatch off a cross by Jocelyn Loomis in the 85th minute. That's Hatch's nation-leading 12th goal. Thankfully, the goal was late enough in the game that LBSU didn't have much time to put in the equalizing goal. Whew!

We are 9-1 folks! We go into conference play beginning Thursday at 7 PM MST.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

#2 Virgina lost to Miami on Thursday and then tied #3 Florida State today, so there's a good chance BYU will move up to #3 and possibly #2 in the NSCAA Coaches Poll. Denver and Long Beach State both will hurt our RPI though. LBSU is 105th and Denver is 182nd.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

SkystheLimit wrote:#2 Virgina lost to Miami on Thursday and then tied #3 Florida State today, so there's a good chance BYU will move up to #3 and possibly #2 in the NSCAA Coaches Poll. Denver and Long Beach State both will hurt our RPI though. LBSU is 105th and Denver is 182nd.
BYU is still #2 on the RPI, so not hurt by the last two opponents. Also, LBS is probably the best team in their conference. They have 5 losses but their schedule has been pretty hard. They have a road win against rpi #19 USC. They've also played #2 BYU, #14 UCLA, #25 Penn St, and were competitive in all of those. They'll get a lot of wins in conference play, so their rpi will probably be top 75 by the end of the season.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

The WCC schedule probably won't hurt our rpi all that much. 7/10 teams are in the rpi top 100. That's not the ACC, but it's comparable to the Pac 12. Compare that to the MWC that only has one team in the top 100 (USU at #77). If we win out we should be a #1 seed like in 2012.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Okay, I have a real beef about the Mac Hermann Trophy. What a joke! They pick the winner from a pool of 30 players chosen before the season even starts? If you're not on the watch list, you have no chance of winning it, even if you turn out to be the best, most awesome player. Ashley Hatch didn't make the watch list because she was injured most of last year. Yet she should be at the top of their list. Stupid and ridiculous to choose the pool before the season ever starts and exclude anyone who isn't on the list.
Last edited by SkystheLimit on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.