Lady Soccer 2015

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Lady Soccer 2015

Post by scott715 »

Nice win. They played well.
Last edited by scott715 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Another good article on our win over Colorado:

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/colle ... 1f0dc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

2-0 win at Nebraska was good. Every team they've beaten so far was in the NCAA tournament last year. I'm excited for the Utah game Friday. Beating the utes in anything doesn't get old. This team is looking really good so far.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Excellent win at Nebraska. The one big thing I took away from that game is that the defense really steeped up. Boaz only had two saves because the Nebraska couldn't get the ball near the goal. Utah hasn't looked all that great this year, as far as I can tell, so BYU should beat them easily. However, this is Utah we are talking about. It always seems to be a tough game between these two. Should be a good match. Really looking forward to it.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Beat Utah 2-0 yesterday to go to 4-0 and still has not given up a goal. Next game at #2 Stanford on Monday. We are #9 and have beaten Cal, Utah, Colorado and Arizona (it was an exhibition game) so far.

StatsCougar
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by StatsCougar »

scott715 wrote:Beat Utah 2-0 yesterday to go to 4-0 and still has not given up a goal. Next game at #2 Stanford on Monday. We are #9 and have beaten Cal, Utah, Colorado and Arizona (it was an exhibition game) so far.
If we beat Stanford, can be be crowned the Pac -12 champions?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Tough loss to Stanford, but we showed well. We only allowed one goal on the #2 team, almost tied them and had four corner kicks off them when no other team has gotten any. We were rewarded today for the quality play, by jumping from #9 to #5 in the nation, despite the loss. I knew we had a special team this year. I'm excited to fly to Utah to watch them play the next two matches.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

SkystheLimit wrote:Tough loss to Stanford, but we showed well. We only allowed one goal on the #2 team, almost tied them and had four corner kicks off them when no other team has gotten any. We were rewarded today for the quality play, by jumping from #9 to #5 in the nation, despite the loss. I knew we had a special team this year. I'm excited to fly to Utah to watch them play the next two matches.
The next three should be easier opponents than what we've faced so far (USU, UNLV, Oregon State) and they're all at home. Oregon State is interesting. They weren't expected to be that good, but they are playing well and haven't lost yet (4-0-1). They have wins over pretty good teams Portland and Kansas, and the tie was against a good Missouri team. They have a tough game tonight at Texas, another pretty good team.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
gingi
Recruit

Post by gingi »

Thanks for getting me hooked on BYU womens soccer Scott. I think I actually understand an offsides when I see it. The game last night was incredible. 37 shots on goal but only one went in. I was growing concerned that a lucky shot by USU (8 shots) was going to roll in but I shouldn't have worried. 37 shots!

coachK
Recruit

Post by coachK »

At what point do you just not go thru the formality of playing the game? They said that that was the 12th time in a row that BYU beat USU by a score of 1-0. :bug: Where is the women's soccer prediction game, I could fill in the score for the USU game for the next several years :lol: