Women's Soccer 2016

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Women's Soccer 2016

Post by SkystheLimit »

It's still early, but based on what I've seen so far, this may be a best team they've ever had, even better than the 2012 team. The team chemistry is incredible. The firepower, not just of our forwards, but even our mids, is the best I've ever seen, not to mention how unselfishly they play. I'd be interested to see a comparison of this team to the 2012 in scoring and goals scored against us for the first seven games. I might have to look into that.

Update:
2012: BYU scored 15 goals and allowed 3 goals.
2016| BYU has scored 19 goals and allowed 6 goals.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

It's not still early. BYU has now played 7 games. They have 19 on the schedule. This is a good team.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Hey NCAA, please reschedule the women's final four to this place so I can easily attend when BYU makes it. Oh and by the way, here's a hint: make it for a Thursday-Saturday. It will be a lot easier to just do that now so you don't need to change it later. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_St ... t_Park.jpg
Last edited by BlueK on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Not a lot of sites out there cover college soccer, but this one is one of the best. This new article lists BYU as the #3 contender for getting to the College Cup which is their final four. BYU is getting a lot of attention with the way they're beating up on some big name teams this year on the road.

http://herosports.com/news/d1-womens-so ... der-ladder

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BlueK wrote:Hey NCAA, please reschedule the women's final four to this place so I can easily attend when BYU makes it. Oh and by the way, here's a hint: make it for a Thursday-Saturday. It will be a lot easier to just do that now so you don't need to change it later. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_St ... t_Park.jpg
Well, well. The NCAA hasn't yet named a new location for the women's soccer final four, but on their official site they have actually changed the dates from December 2nd (Friday) and 4th (sunday), to December 2nd and 3rd. BYU with a top 5 team this year has to have something to do with that. It only makes sense to cover that base right now that they find themselves having to find a new location.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/soccer-women/d1

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

That's crazy. Within a couple of hours they changed it back to December 2nd and 4th. Interesting.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Another 3 goal win. Our front line is AWESOME, one of the best in the country. One goal for each of Hatch, Vasconcelos and Gomes. While it's still a win, it probably won't be a quality win to help us in the rankings or the RPI.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

New rankings for this morning (September 19th)

#5 Top Drawer Soccer
#2 Hero Sports
New coaches poll out tomorrow. BYU was #6 on that last week.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Upcoming schedule:
vs Denver on 22 Sept 7 pm in Provo - broadcast on TheW.tv
vs Long Beach on 24 Sept 8 pm in Provo - broadcast on BYUtv
vs Santa Clara on 29 Sept 7 pm in Provo - broadcast on BYUtv

In fact, between BYUtv, TheW.tv and ESPNU, the remainder of BYU's games will be broadcast.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BYU #2 this week on the first NCAA rpi ranking.

BYU lost to #10 Nebraska, which doesn't look that bad in this context.

Top 50 wins over:
@ #17 Ohio State
@ #23 Utah
@ #25 Penn State
@ #45 Washington State

I don't think any other team in the country has four top 50 road wins right now.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-wom ... soccer-rpi