Austin Collie Update 10/2

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Austin Collie Update 10/2

Post by snoscythe »

In the last few days, Austin Collie has worked out for both the Tennessee Titans and the San Diego Chargers. I think the Chargers would be preferable for Collie, but I think he's in a situation where he'll sign anyone that offers him a shot.

BroncoBot
Retired

Re: Austin Collie Update 10/2

Post by BroncoBot »

snoscythe wrote:In the last few days, Austin Collie has worked out for both the Tennessee Titans and the San Diego Chargers. I think the Chargers would be preferable for Collie, but I think he's in a situation where he'll sign anyone that offers him a shot.
Like the Pats? :evil:

Great news for collie, even if the fans don't want him there. I just read through their forum and didn't see one person who was genuinely glad that they have him signed.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

The best news is just the fact that with the Pats he will actually get to play. The Pats don't just need depth--they have 6 of their 8 receivers on the injury report at some level. They need someone that can actually produce. This is the best scenario I could imagine for Collie--not only playing with a top-tier ball-delivery QB, but on a team where he will see meaningful reps on a consistent basis to help him move past his injury issues and set the table for a long term contract after this season without the "damaged goods" discount.

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

I think I read that he left the game in the 2nd Q with a knee injury. Did anyone see what happen? Is it the same knee as last year?

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Stirfry wrote:I think I read that he left the game in the 2nd Q with a knee injury. Did anyone see what happen? Is it the same knee as last year?
I didn't see him leave with the injury, but I noticed he never played again in the 2nd half.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Heard he hurt his knee. I have no details except someone fell on him from behind.