Where's Beck?

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Where's Beck?

Post by Stirfry »

So the Rams reached out to 44-year old Brett Favre to see if he was interested in coming back. Does anyone know if John Beck is still hoping to sign (or maybe he's on a team?).

I also looked up Max Halls numbers which dont look all that great http://www.bluebombers.com/roster/show/id/5887 Does anyone know how Hall recorded a 10 yard punt return?

I guess it this just goes back to how short your lifespan is as a pro QB and that its prefferable for a team to take unproven potential over a known <average guy. Both Beck and Hall were named/considered to be starting qb's in the NFL in just the last 3 years and now a 44-year old is a better option (Now that 44-year old is a hall of fame qb)

What about Davies? I didn't see his name on the Clippers roster for the Jazz game last night. Did they send him to the d league?
Last edited by Stirfry on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Where's Beck?

Post by hawkwing »

Beck isn't on a team right now.

Davies was cut by the clippers the other night.

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

hawkwing wrote:Beck isn't on a team right now.

Davies was cut by the clippers the other night.
That stinks. Did he come out with any cash at least? I always laugh at guys like Hans Olson talk about how short these guys careers are and we should think about their earnings as whole career and not just the years they put in. (700 a.m. broke on my radio, sorry Hans I haven't heard you in a while ;) )

Hopefully he at least got a good little nest egg to get a huge head start in life. An NBA rookie salary plus 8 years in Europe would be a pretty good start for most of us.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Davies got a $200K signing bonus that he gets to keep, plus whatever his weekly was during the time he was under contract in Lob City.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Beck wants to get on a team. Hall is on a really bad team with no OL. He did win a game a few weeks ago.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

There were reports in preseason that Beck got brought in to workout for the Jets and Bills, so he's still a possibility in some teams' minds.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,