What are you biggest sporting regrets?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Y12
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: What are you biggest sporting regrets?

Post by Y12 »

I wish I had dropped trying to be a quarterback in high school and focused on playing defensive back instead.

I am convinced I would have been a great free safety. Instead, I go down at the worst QB in my high schools history. Stat line: 0-4, 1 int.

trueblue72
Sophomore

Post by trueblue72 »

Y 4 Ever wrote:
trueblue72 wrote:1.Not punching out that ute fan during the 05 game.
I'm sensing a story here somewhere...
Okay here it is.... I was sitting on the fourth fow on the 10 yardline SW and these two :utard: guys and there two kids about 5&6 were sitting in front of us. We jawed back and forth all game, but it was in good fun. But the one guy was about 6'5" and his kid was mouthing off to me and was saying pretty rude things. After three quarters of his kid telling me to shut up and that I was stupid, I said to the guy "if that were my kid I'd teach him how to talk to people that are older than him and be polite". He said "He can say whatever he want's to you, you're a BYU fan" His buddy kind of looked at him weird and told the kid to be quiet. Well in the 3rd quarter (I think) some :utard: player (Lyman I think) got hurt at the goal line. Well my grandpa who was two seats down was trying to see and this 6'5" Ute fan was standing in his way. My grandpa asked him to sit down so he could see and they guy yelled at him that he paid $100 bucks per seat and he'd do as he pleased. Well then he sat on the back of his chair and leaned right into my grandpa's face and wouldn't move. So my grandpa (80 years old) slightly pushed his head to the side and asked him nicely to please move and the guy jumped up, turned around and started screaming in my grandpa's face. So my grandpa told him to stop and he kept it up, so my 80 YEAR OLD grandpa TRIED to punch him in the arm. He barely hit this guy the guy ran off and got the cops and tried to have my grandpa arrested for assault. The cops took my grandpa and almost cuffed him and the guy was laughing hysterically and was saying how he was going to through that old guys a** in jail for assault. So I looked at him and started yelling at him and he said "what's it to you?" and I said "He's my grandpa, you want assault, I show you assault you SOB!!!!" At the time I was about 6'1" 245 LBS and worked out constantly, I was solid dude. I jumped up and started after him and it took my uncle, my best friend and my best friends brother and the other ute fan to hold me back. The tall guy took off with his kid for about 20 minutes then he came back and apologized to both of us. I still should have knocked him out. My grandpa was in the wrong, but it was justified because the guy he was fighting with was a :utard: . Being a :utard: justifies all violent actions against them.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

Not staying a day longer on my recent mainland trip and coughing up a little more airfare, so I could swing through Utah coming and going instead of just coming. That way, instead of just seeing UCF, I could have seen the most memorable USU game in my lifetime. That was the day Riley Nelson saved the game and the program.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
AmmonCougar1
Sophomore

Post by AmmonCougar1 »

My biggest regret is not taking my HS coach up on playing RB for our team. IDK what may have happened other than I could have said I tried. Instead I continued to play my favorite sport, soccer and did not risk the knee or ankle injuries that I worried might happen.

Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Back when I was 16 or so during Church Ball a kid on the other team kept roughing me up inside. We had words after the game and the pushed me down pretty good outside the stake center. I wish I had gone George McFly on him, but I didn't. I guess that's a regret.

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

One more regret for me:

I wish I'd decided to keep playing fball in highschool instead of deciding to waste my time partying with my friends. Not that I had a career of fball ahead of me - I wasn't going to be a college fball player. But I loved playing fball, and still can't believe I quit playing in highschool. Stupid.

Florwood
Senior

Post by Florwood »

Two:

High jumped 5'10" as a junior in HS, given the opportunity to learn the Fosbury flop for my senior year, didn't, and regressed.

With all of extended family, left the 1980 Holiday Bowl with four and half minutes left...

bengel
Recruit

Post by bengel »

Not being able to support the football team by playing or donating. I lack, among other things, the necessary size, both physically and financially. Would it spoil some vast, eternal plan . . . ?

Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

1- Not being more assertive with my parents about my desire to play football.
2- When they finally caved before my senior year, giving up on the idea of playing football.

I've been a Turkey Bowl sensation ever since. :D

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
Wickchad
All-American

Post by Wickchad »

I wonder what his biggest sporting regret is...:
1.gif
1.gif (10.81 KiB) Viewed 1046 times