U-Verse vs directv

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

U-Verse vs directv

Post by imuakahuku »

Got a sales visit from a uverse saleman. Just wondering what those who have it think and those that could have changed to it but didn't thought. I kinda like my directv except when storms come. I also have roadrunner that has pretty good speeds and vonage which has been less than stellar.

Trying to make up my mind. I don't know if I care if I lose my rr.com address. Too much spam in it anyways.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: U-Verse vs directv

Post by hawkwing »

I have DirecTV and I like it except for not having BYUtv in HD. I'm hoping that will change soon. I never lose signal, even in bad storms, so I'm pretty good.

IowaCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by IowaCougar »

What is U-Verse?

I have DirecTV, which I generally like, except for the no HD on BYUtv thing (as seen above). I recently switched my internet service to cable, and also have VOIP phone service.

The thing I notice is that it's much more common for my cable to be out for unknown reasons than for my DirecTV to be out because of thunderstorms. So if your choice is between cable and satellite, I'd go with satellite, especially if you're outside of the Salt Lake area.

danross
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by danross »

DirecTV is pretty good. It has good signal here..