Wrubell tweets Improvements to come for the MC

BYU Cougars on the court.
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Wrubell tweets Improvements to come for the MC

Post by BYULV »

Maybe they could donate the yellow/orange seats to the Aggies to put in their south end zone, I'm sure that's why they left it empty all these years.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

ThrowbackBlue
BLUEshirt

Post by ThrowbackBlue »

I “accidentally” came across some info on the matter. The seating plans are set to change completely with the student section moving to the baseline and the current student section benches being converted to chair seats (no confirmation on seat color but it sounds like they’ll be blue).

I personally don’t like the idea of moving the Student section to the baseline as it has long been what I love about the Marriot Center, but can understand the reasoning for the move. e.g. more premium seats to sell, mimic other arena setup, recent student section behavior, etc

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

ThrowbackBlue wrote:I “accidentally” came across some info on the matter. The seating plans are set to change completely with the student section moving to the baseline and the current student section benches being converted to chair seats (no confirmation on seat color but it sounds like they’ll be blue).

I personally don’t like the idea of moving the Student section to the baseline as it has long been what I love about the Marriot Center, but can understand the reasoning for the move. e.g. more premium seats to sell, mimic other arena setup, recent student section behavior, etc
That kind of sucks. BYU's student section is a great place to watch a game. Baseline loses some perspective.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
sage
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by sage »

Gunk wrote:
ThrowbackBlue wrote:I “accidentally” came across some info on the matter. The seating plans are set to change completely with the student section moving to the baseline and the current student section benches being converted to chair seats (no confirmation on seat color but it sounds like they’ll be blue).

That kind of sucks. BYU's student section is a great place to watch a game. Baseline loses some perspective.

The very reason they are going for more bucks. Still have the rowdy students, but at lower priced seats.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I'm a little bummed about this. You don't see the Cameron Crazies in the end zones? And when you think of great and loud student sections--which is a huge home court advantage, you dont see them in the end zone seats.
And quite frankly, I am so miffed, still, as an alum, that BYU sold its west side football soul to insufferably silent blue hairs for a mess of pottage. I hate that all those prime seats go to folks who put a small donation that paid off to the seemingly third and fourth generation. Waisted seats. Waisted arrangement. And now, if the above is true what some have said, we are waisting prime seats for the silent people.
Maybe there is some advantage to putting students in the end zones. They can scream and wave and distract from free throw shooting by the opponent. But i think that is over rated as well. BYU student section has seemed to grow stronger the last two years. I would hate to lose that strength by giving them the boot.
Thoughts?

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

baseline? That sucks. Stupid move if it happens.