Truth about Bronco's NFL Comments

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Truth about Bronco's NFL Comments

Post by scott715 »

None of us were at the coaches event where Bronco spoke. But this guy was. He's a coach who attended the event and had this to say:

"I was at the coaches clinic that Bronco spoke at and I have to agree with Andrew. Franchuk did spin Broncos comments for whatever point he is trying to make. The NFL commissioner asked college coaches to share the following stats: Only 2% of athletes that make it to the NFL will last over 3 years. 70% are either divorced,drug addiction, bankrupt, injured, etc. It seems that Bronco is the only coach who is sharing this info, that the commissioner has asked for college coaches to share. Both Gary Andersen and Kyle made no mention of it, because they were both talking up their programs. We are a bunch of youth football coaches and Kyle made it sound like utah was going to recruit every kid we are coaching. The coach sitting next to me was from a city in Utah and is a big fan of a university not named BYU. He was really impressed by what Bronco had to say. Bronco made no comment about his program or recruiting. His focus was only on the kids, which is why we were there. Bronco's point of sharing those stats was to encourage us coaches to make sure the kids had fun and enjoy the game of football, because most of them will not play high school, college, or pro. The kids can learn life lessons from the game of football, and we as coaches can be role models and examples for the kids. Make sure the kids have fun on the field and be good young men off it, because at some point, football will surely end. Apparently Franchuk didn't include that in his article."

So Fran was spinning Bronco's comments for his own purpose. The NFL has asked the coaches to share this info but it appears they are not.

KingCoug
All-American

Re: Truth about Bronco's NFL Comments

Post by KingCoug »

Franchuck spinning things for his articles? Who ever heard of such a thing?

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Franchuk is a tool who has no problem sensationalizing things for a story.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I've been trying to find the article. I guess this is it http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/colle ... 963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did not see it two days ago. It looks like he changed the title from Bronco very skeptical of NFL value. Is that correct? Did he change more?

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

I believe the comments were sensationalized by the reporter, as that is his style. However, it is a problem that BYU hasn't put many players in the NFL over the last 7 or 8 years. Talent wins games. More talent wins more games against better opponents. That's my only concern about lack of NFL athletes from BYU.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Consider that utah got two committments in two days since this article was published. Might have been used against us to get the committments. The article now titled about limited access. Maybe his access rights shoulc be removed until he mets conditions set by Bronco. Of course OC would help him work through those requirements.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

hawkwing wrote:Franchuk is a tool who has no problem sensationalizing things for a story.
This. Franchuck = Tool.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2012/8/1/ ... re-respect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shots down Franchuck

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusp ... k.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by scott715 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

jonnylingo wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Franchuk is a tool who has no problem sensationalizing things for a story.
This. Franchuck = Tool.
Been well over a year that I haven't read a story by Franchuck or that rag of a newspaper he works for. I refuse to give them any clicks.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

That is how I feel. I didn't try to see it until two days after it published.