Future Indy scheduling just took a huge hit

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Future Indy scheduling just took a huge hit

Post by gmj81 »

Apparently Holmoe said at Education Week 2013 will be finalized in a month or two... One more "to solidify" and one more "to sign." Sounds like we won't be getting a 13th game. It'd be a real shame not to get that revenue from a 7th home game, even if it is only a lower-tier or FCS team. Shoot, even if it is just a second FCS team, at least its another game to develop some depth. I don't remember if what the rules are about scheduling multiple FCS games though. I'm pretty sure only one can count towards bowl eligibility but do they not even "count" a second in the win column? I think ASU or some Pac-12 team recently had a two-FCS game schedule that got them to 6 wins but not bowl eligible. I think the win still counted in the books though. And what's more the ticket sales from those two games were both "real".

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

Be ready for a lower level team to get announced as well. Someone closer to home that we have played the last 2 seasons (including 2012). It would make hte series a 3 for 1 basically. Except chances are that when we play them in their state, it might not be at their stadium for size reasons.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

So you're saying they would be the 13th? or just one of the 12?

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

snoscythe wrote:Return dates TBD are in our favor because they allow us flexibility in adding additional games.

TBD scheduling works like this: You agree that it is TBD, but you know the weeks both teams are available are weeks 2, 3, 7, and 11. Then each team goes out and continues to fill in the schedule--team A fills weeks 2 and 7, and Team B fills week 11. By default, week three becomes the week and the teams/TV carriers just have to get together and pick the date. Without TBD's, Holmoe's job would become nearly impossible.

I'd assume the BYU TBD's cover more than one year as well to allow Holmoe maximum flexibility in filling out his Indy schedule.
If they actually happen. We heard that about Texas. Then it quietly became a 2fer. Someone quoted TH today as saying the TBD with Wisconsin - is actually a 1 and done with discussion of future games. It will become another 2 fer or un-neutral site. He said the same thing about Nebraska.

Now - if we get a TBD within a certain timeframe with penalty if they back out - OK - but I would like further committment - like November TBD for example.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Lawboy wrote:Be ready for a lower level team to get announced as well. Someone closer to home that we have played the last 2 seasons (including 2012). It would make hte series a 3 for 1 basically. Except chances are that when we play them in their state, it might not be at their stadium for size reasons.
I'd LOVE to have a "neutral" game in the BSU stadium

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Lawboy wrote:Think Caddy Shack.

And the name of a nice resort on the North Shore.
Indian Hill Club - Winnetka Illinois

North shore - Lake Michigan - near Evanston campus of Northwestern University and Soldier Field.

I used to work for American Hospital Corporation - acquired later by Baxter Healthcare. Worked in Evanston, jogged along the lake shore through campus, lived in Wilmette next to Winnetka. Beautiful area. Nice choice.

U came to town when I lived there. I did not go to the game. U killed them about 40-0 or something like that.

They have improved - were ranked a couple of times a decade or so ago - but usually beatable. It is a prestigious and classy school. Just the kind we should play if we are going to start traveling so far.

I would try to make this trip for nostalgia reasons. Daughter was born in Evanston Hospital.

BTW - why didn't you go with Risky Business - another famous North Shore movie. Wait - might be ratex R. Or maybe even Ferris Buehler.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Wickchad
All-American

Post by Wickchad »

Cougarbib wrote:
Lawboy wrote:Think Caddy Shack.

And the name of a nice resort on the North Shore.
Indian Hill Club - Winnetka Illinois

North shore - Lake Michigan - near Evanston campus of Northwestern University and Soldier Field.

I used to work for American Hospital Corporation - acquired later by Baxter Healthcare. Worked in Evanston, jogged along the lake shore through campus, lived in Wilmette next to Winnetka. Beautiful area. Nice choice.

U came to town when I lived there. I did not go to the game. U killed them about 40-0 or something like that.

They have improved - were ranked a couple of times a decade or so ago - but usually beatable. It is a prestigious and classy school. Just the kind we should play if we are going to start traveling so far.

I would try to make this trip for nostalgia reasons. Daughter was born in Evanston Hospital.

BTW - why didn't you go with Risky Business - another famous North Shore movie. Wait - might be ratex R. Or maybe even Ferris Buehler.

Would caddy shack reference mean a gopher?

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

I hope Duke is the acc team. I like playing private schools.

Also it seems funny they left out MLB from the clue. Only UNC and Duke fall in the category of NFL and NBA without MLB.

Of course NW wouldn't apply either then.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

I'm sure that the vague Big Ten school referenced is located near Lake TittiCaca. Can't wait to visit.

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

Y 4 Ever wrote:I'm sure that the vague Big Ten school referenced is located near Lake TittiCaca. Can't wait to visit.
MPU?

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,