NBC on the Church

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: NBC on the Church

Post by CougarClaw »

Mars wrote:
BYULV wrote: If NBC wanted to inform people about what Mormons are in America they should have done an interview with Harry Ried, the most prominent American Mormon right now.
:sick: :sick: :sick:
lol. I would have loved to have all kinds of great Democrat Harry Reid comments on Mormonism on file to counter incoming religious attack ads.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

CougarClaw wrote:
Mars wrote:
BYULV wrote: If NBC wanted to inform people about what Mormons are in America they should have done an interview with Harry Ried, the most prominent American Mormon right now.
lol. I would have loved to have all kinds of great Democrat Harry Reid comments on Mormonism on file to counter incoming religious attack ads.
I agree with the :sick: :sick: :sick: Harry Reid is one of my least favorite politicians.

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

BYULV wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
Mars wrote:
I agree with the :sick: :sick: :sick: Harry Reid is one of my least favorite politicians.

Would easily be my LEAST favorite if not for the other 2 stooges.

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

bigbluepuma wrote:Would easily be my LEAST favorite if not for the other 2 stooges.
Who are they??? Schmoe and who else? :whistle: :whistle: ;)

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

urroner wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:Would easily be my LEAST favorite if not for the other 2 stooges.
Curleomney and Obamoe

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

BoiseBYU wrote:
urroner wrote:
Curleomney and Obamoe

No, Nancy Curleosy and Obomoe

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

As one positive, the NBC special made the Church "clarify" its stance on caffeine by restating what its said about it for almost a decade now. But to some people that was evidently breaking news--a good way to tell which of your Facebook friends never bothered to study the Church caffeine policy.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I find the recent interest in caffeine hilarious. I've never been a fan of any cola drink, don't "do the dew" too often, and try to avoid soda in general. I've never cared what others are drinking for dinner. But found it hard to stomach when I've heard someone explain to others that the reason members of the LDS church don't drink coffee or tea is because they are caffeinated. REALLY??? So why exactly is chocolate or other caffeine containing foods fit for consumption. I do have to say, those that are drinking enough caffeinated soft drinks so as to create an addiction should seriously consider what all that SUGAR is doing to their system.

The best explanation that I can come up with is that caffeine was a convenient scapegoat for an otherwise lengthy discussion when confronted about coffee or tea.

I'd still like an explanation about "barley drinks" that are mentioned in the D&C.