Next 5 games

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
tripwire
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Next 5 games

Post by tripwire »

Hawaii
Utah St
Oregon St
@Notre Dame
@Georgia Tech

I am not predicting that they lose all of them, but I think it is a real possibility.

Hawaii is hard to read because they have lost badly to USC and beat Lamar (whoever the hell that is). It will be interesting to see how they do against a good Nevada team this week. Either way Hawaii always scares me. At least it's not on the islands this year.

Utah St is no joke anymore. They have built a pretty solid program in Logan and I don't think this is going to be an easy game.

Oregon St weirdly has only played one game this year wherein they beat Wisconsin. I think they are better this year than last year.

Notre Dame is a legit top 10 team and I think we get killed in this game.

Georgia Tech is a pretty good team as well. The D might keep us in this game but it's by no means going to be easy.

It's going to be a tough road ahead for the Cougars. The good news is the last three games should be easy wins, assuming they don't completely implode.

KingCoug
All-American

Re: Next 5 games

Post by KingCoug »

I still say we win our home games. But hard to argue we win either Notre Dame or Georgia Tech.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

KingCoug wrote:I still say we win our home games. But hard to argue we win either Notre Dame or Georgia Tech.
If our offense even gets moving at a snails pace, our defense gives us a shot at ND and GT. Good news is, BYU may be getting the quirks worked out on the road early (hopefully).

jacksonman
BLUEshirt

Post by jacksonman »

Our defense can't stay on the field all game against GT like they were asked to do against BSU. The triple option will wear out and injure our D much faster than tonight against BSU.

Our offense better figure out how to sustain drives, and our D needs to figure out how to get turnovers, or else we love 3 or 4 out of the 5. 6 and 6 and being barely bowl eligible, the year we were supposed to compete for a national title (with Heaps), is a REAL possibility!

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Our Defense is good enough to give us a chance to win every game we have left on our sched, it was good enough to win the 2 we just lost. It all comes down to turnovers, if we can hold on to the ball, we win. IMO, I would love to see a conservative ball control offense with T hill at QB for the rest of the year.

jacksonman
BLUEshirt

Post by jacksonman »

I stand by my statement that our D can't win the game against GT. We will need some help from the offense. After playing Notre Dame the week before, we will probably have several beat up and injured guys on D. Add a triple option with all the cut blocks and continuous running plays and our D will get beat, bruised and exhausted. Our offense needs to help with the time of possession battle or GT will get the edge on our D.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

jacksonman wrote:I stand by my statement that our D can't win the game against GT. We will need some help from the offense. After playing Notre Dame the week before, we will probably have several beat up and injured guys on D. Add a triple option with all the cut blocks and continuous running plays and our D will get beat, bruised and exhausted. Our offense needs to help with the time of possession battle or GT will get the edge on our D.
What makes you think that our D isn't going to be the ones dishing out the punishment. I disagree with this. I don't know if it was you in the BSU thread but someone was posting after some of Riley's turnovers that our D was about to "quit" They never did, even when we fumbled on the 1 yard line. This D is like the superbowl champ Baltimore ravens d, we just need an offense that is a good steward of the ball, moves the ball down the field when the opportunity arises and punts if we get stopped, no turnovers and we win. If our O had taken better care of the ball the last 2 weeks we are 4-0 today.