I know the season is over

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I know the season is over

Post by Cougarbib »

For the vocal minority of you - but could you just post your tickets for sale here, shut up, and stay home while the silent majority enjoys the rest of the season - which will likely continue to have suspense, drama, fun, and a loss here and there?

I could use an extra ticket or two for THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Friday.

It is against the best USU team in recent memory. They have 1 road loss to a good team, and their season would be over too, but their fans appreciate their team, are really excited about proving they are the best team and program in Utah, and of course they have either the WAC or MWC Crown to fight for - WAC one more time iirc.

They have so much more going for them than we have - :) - it might be fun to come out and watch our Cougs roll over and play dead for them.

But maybe The Cougs will somehow be fired up for this meaningless tilt

I heard DM Cougar and Northern and TX and others are giving motivational speeches each day before practice.

If you do come out - wearing your Borrowed USU Blue - it should be a Blue Out.

Anyway - The Bibster will be there - wearing his borrowed borrowed blue hoodie.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
EM_Puma
Pro

Re: I know the season is over

Post by EM_Puma »

Hey, I went and got tickets for the game and I'm going for the first time this season. I'm pumped about this game as it will be tough and we have in our mind that they beat us two seasons ago and almost again last year. If that doesn't get people excited, then I don't know what will.

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Cougarbib wrote:For the vocal minority of you - but could you just post your tickets for sale here, shut up, and stay home while the silent majority enjoys the rest of the season - which will likely continue to have suspense, drama, fun, and a loss here and there?

It is against the best USU team in recent memory. They have 1 road loss to a good team, and their season would be over too, but their fans appreciate their team, are really excited about proving they are the best team and program in Utah, and of course they have either the WAC or MWC Crown to fight for - WAC one more time iirc.

They have so much more going for them than we have - :) - it might be fun to come out and watch our Cougs roll over and play dead for them.

I heard DM Cougar and Northern and TX and others are giving motivational speeches each day before practice.

I think most of us are still excited about the season because Hill + Williams have rejuvinated the team. Add to that the offensive line adjustments and we may have a shot to get some big wins, which is what we are always lacking and which is what most of us complain about. Beating these next 3 teams will make this season a really good one.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

Could USU be our new rival since UU is going away soon.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Cougarbib wrote:For the vocal minority of you - but could you just post your tickets for sale here, shut up, and stay home while the silent majority enjoys the rest of the season - which will likely continue to have suspense, drama, fun, and a loss here and there?

I laughed at this... you could very well have said "The Vocal Minority who don't have a single 'MWC (or WAC)Champion' hat, mug, pendant, shirt, ring or anything...but somehow now that means the whole world to you....."

northerncougar
Junior

Post by northerncougar »

Man, I wish I was as cool as the bibster.

I wish I had the money he does so I could come on here and brag about it. I know several people who are very wealthy and if you didn't know then you would have no idea. Those that truly are wealthy and secure, don't do what the bibster does.

I wish my level of self importance was as high so I could all out anyone who doesn't believe the way I do.

I wish I believed I was a better fan than so many others.

I wish I could put my head in the sand so I didn't have to be concerned about the direction of the program I cheer for.

The sad part about the bibster is that he has no idea what a self-important arrogant jerk he really is. He sits on his ivory tower and looks down at the rest of us little people, making sure that those of us that don't believe the way he does are mocked for it.

I will be at Fridays game with my daughter cheering as loud as we do at every game.

Actually, I am really glad my wishes rarely come true...

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Another Post by Bib calling out for the fans to be more like him (an actual Ute fan)...

I'M SHOCKED!!!
Last edited by Brayden Green on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

northerncougar wrote:Man, I wish I was as cool as the bibster.
I just wish I had an iPhone. Then I would be cool. I know I would be. I would shout it from the rooftops that I have one! I would make sure that every cougar blog on the net knows I have one!

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Hey Bib, if Bronco is playing your grandson, my tickets will cost you double. I won't be going if he's playing--because there is no way he is 100%--which means we're back to the future....again, with the same old M.O. Of Riley covering the truth, minimizing his injury and over-promising his readiness and playing for Riley's legacy and glory and vs his old school, cause that would be fun, AND not for the team's success.

And why don't you add integrity to your little leadership symposium while you are up here mentoring your grandson. Maybe that or something about pots and kettles.
That or get Clint Eastwood to come in and teach a special seminar to Riley and Bronco entitled, "A Man's got to know his limitations" or "do you feel lucky, punk? Do ya?" And while Clint is in town you and him can go to the local tavern and get a drink, entitled, "Riley, make my day."

If you need to find me for the tickets, you can, Friday "before practice" giving my "motivational speeches". If Riley's starting, the speech will be entitled "the Sun'll come out tomorrow", while I dispense Xanax to any player who cares enough to win the game but is worried sick all night about who is starting.
If Riley is not starting, I will be giving a few mini-lectures to the QBs on "Run smarter, not harder", "You don't have to get hit by a mack truck to know what it feels like"', "You don't get a purple heart sitting on the sideline injured", "don't bother winning over Bronco's love, his heart is set", AND "Theres always next year."
And to the other players, I will give a short speech on "Stupid is, is stupid does."

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

northerncougar wrote:Man, I wish I was as cool as the bibster.

I wish I had the money he does so I could come on here and brag about it. I know several people who are very wealthy and if you didn't know then you would have no idea. Those that truly are wealthy and secure, don't do what the bibster does.

I wish my level of self importance was as high so I could all out anyone who doesn't believe the way I do.

I wish I believed I was a better fan than so many others.

I wish I could put my head in the sand so I didn't have to be concerned about the direction of the program I cheer for.

The sad part about the bibster is that he has no idea what a self-important arrogant jerk he really is. He sits on his ivory tower and looks down at the rest of us little people, making sure that those of us that don't believe the way he does are mocked for it.

I will be at Fridays game with my daughter cheering as loud as we do at every game.

Actually, I am really glad my wishes rarely come true...
easy solution people. there is an ignore button.