BYU vs. SJSU game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs. SJSU game thread

Post by Brayden Green »

TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:That "block" from Jamaal Williams was terrible. The defender just leaped right over him and blindsides Riley. Not all Riley's fault there, but wow, we had a shot. Give us another few minutes of playing time and we win this one. But oh well.
Riley Nelson was our quarterback, and we are playing a team above .500 .

Not good odds.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

I am wishing for an offensive line. A QB needs time - and to be injury free. That said, I wonder which coaches will get the axe.

A discouraging night. I am caring less about the bowl.

SHIZ
Recruit

Post by SHIZ »

what a disgrace.

how bad does riley nelson have to play, and how injured does he have to be, before somebody can wake me up from this nightmare?

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

SHIZ wrote:what a disgrace.

how bad does riley nelson have to play, and how injured does he have to be, before somebody can wake me up from this nightmare?
I realized some time ago that, for Bronco, it really isn't how bad Nelson plays. The fact that he's overcome adversity, stuck with the program, shows grit, etc. is enough for Bronco to keep him on the field. Bronco looks at Nelson as a living, breathing life lesson. So him winning or losing a game for us is a secondary concern for Bronco.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
SHIZ
Recruit

Post by SHIZ »

KingCoug wrote:

I realized some time ago that, for Bronco, it really isn't how bad Nelson plays. The fact that he's overcome adversity, stuck with the program, shows grit, etc. is enough for Bronco to keep him on the field. Bronco looks at Nelson as a living, breathing life lesson. So him winning or losing a game for us is a secondary concern for Bronco.
i'm resigned to the fact that riley will play just well enough to not get replaced, but not well enough to win meaningful games (and games vs wac teams too apparently,) and will get injured just enough to negatively affect his performance, but not enough to take a seat on the sidelines.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SHIZ wrote:but not well enough to win meaningful games (and games vs wac teams too apparently,)
Let's not act as though BYU is some big bad program who doesn't lose to WAC/MWC teams. It wasn't long ago that BYU was the team knocking off the "big boys". Come to think of it, I'm sure that part of the reason BYU lost tonight was they overlooked SJSU. Figured they could coast past a couple "WAC" teams.

SJSU is no bottom feeder this year.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

SHIZ wrote: i'm resigned to the fact that riley will play just well enough to not get replaced, but not well enough to win meaningful games (and games vs wac teams too apparently,) and will get injured just enough to negatively affect his performance, but not enough to take a seat on the sidelines.
Look at it this way: 2 more games and he's gone.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:
SHIZ wrote:but not well enough to win meaningful games (and games vs wac teams too apparently,)
Let's not act as though BYU is some big bad program who doesn't lose to WAC/MWC teams. It wasn't long ago that BYU was the team knocking off the "big boys". Come to think of it, I'm sure that part of the reason BYU lost tonight was they overlooked SJSU. Figured they could coast past a couple "WAC" teams.

If BYU wants to regain it's national stature, and have success with the kind of schedule we have next year, we should never lose to a team like San Jose State. Even when they're having a good year.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

KingCoug wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

If BYU wants to regain it's national stature, and have success with the kind of schedule we have next year, we should never lose to a team like San Jose State. Even when they're having a good year.
Agreed. But it doesn't change a thing about my previous post.

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

SHIZ wrote:
KingCoug wrote:

i'm resigned to the fact that riley will play just well enough to not get replaced, but not well enough to win meaningful games (and games vs wac teams too apparently,) and will get injured just enough to negatively affect his performance, but not enough to take a seat on the sidelines.
Welcome to the club. We formed it last season. jk