Bear with me on this... business opportunity possibillity

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bear with me on this... business opportunity possibillity

Post by craigoscarson »

So, hopefully I've been around and earned enough goodwill and trust on this forum to go completely off the map on this thread. I want to clarify as well as i can that I'm not trying to sell this to anyone, and apologies to anyone that works in sales, but I hate being "sold" and despise sales pitches. (I worked for a year selling jewelry after my mission; I was good at it but still think that diamonds are about as bad an investment as it gets... outside of buying a boat).

A year ago, my wife was let go from the Hyatt corporation when her hotel was sold to the Sheraton chain (ironically she worked with Sheraton for nearly 10 years, but it didn't matter as they saw her as Hyatt property when they cleaned house). She was a sales and convention manager and after she left; she decided to say goodbye to the hotel business for good.

Within a couple of months of staying home and drawing unemployment, she got bored.

Some of you know that my 1st wife (yep I'm a divorced dude... we were only married a little more than a year. I was in medical school and it was clear that we were not a good match and were both miserable) was a Kansas City Chiefs cheerleader (dumb, relatively attractive, but fearless and charismatic). As with most people, she has a facebook page as does my current wife. Initially my current wife (I will now refer to them by name... Melanie being my current wife of 9 years now... Kristy being the ex) I think added my ex to her facebook page out of curiousity, but somehow developed a friendly relationship with her (go figure, not something I was happy about).

What came out of this relationship was something I never expected and at first I was quite unhappy about... Kristy was constantly posting on her facebook about a multilevelmarketing company called It Works, they sell supplements, etc but their claim to fame are these things called "skinny wraps" which you put on areas of your body and they help tighen the skin (which I believe and have seen with my own eyes) ... they also make some other claims which with my medical background, I'm more skeptical about... but whatever.

However, the moral of the story is that my ex is making over $30,000 a month (believe she's been doing this for over a year now) wth her husband who recently quit his job to work with her on their venture. I am not sh*ting any of you either; I didn't believe it for months when Melanie was telling me about it (mostly because I didn't want to hear about my ex at all)

My wife got involved simply on curiousity about 6 months ago. As of January, her check was nearly $7,000 for the last month and she's at a point where her team is going to grow dramatically very soon. It is very likely that by he end of march, Melanie will be making $10,000 a month. (again I never would have believed it if I didn't see it for myself).

I don't live in Utah (Kansas City) and I know Utah is chock full of multilevel marketing companies, but i don't know a ton about them (Howard Hanneman, the father of the future Cougar DBs is involved in a company like that). I don't know if they're all successful and what it takes to be successful with them. However to my orginal dismay that my wife got involved, it has become now a eating my words kind of thing. I have heard horror stories about people selling Mary Kay, Mona Vie, and so on... so I just figured they are all the same and this was no better than any of the others. (I was wrong)

My wife stays at home, takes my daughter to school, picks her up every day and doesn't have a boss or company tell her when to work, what to do, etc. etc. etc.

I make a good living with or without my wife right now (I'm currently director of a large nonforprofit in Kansas City that provides home health type of care), but I also spent a gazillion years in school and i certainly don't need her to be any more successful than she already is.... however if my wife can do it, I think anyone can. I don't know what makes the company that she works for so successful or easy to do well in and I honestly didn't understand why she was in sales in the hotel business because she's shy and a bit introverted (or rather she's not an aggressive personality that I could see being successful in sales).

I'm putting this out there not for my wife, but rather because I know that some of you readers and regulars are students and/or have stay at home wives, or simply want to better your financial situation.

Random thought here Some of you seem to trust and hang on my words on the hoops forum. Whether it's justified or not, I don't know, but usually I post there because I have experience in recruiting when I worked for the UMKC hoops program while I was in school. It was my job to provide advice to the coaches there and to their credit when they listened, they managed to snag some good players, including the leading scorer in college hoops for 2 years. When i post on the hoops forum about recruits, etc. it's because I'm passionate about BYU hoops and idolized Jeff Chatman, Marty Haws, Michael Smith... they were in fact my heroes as a kid. I'm also passionate in my job because I get to use my education and ability to help people. I'm equally certain about the prospects of this company and mostly because I have seen the fruits, in spite of the fact that when she started I absolutely freaking hated every minute of it and thought it was the worst idea ever... well jokes on me.

The passion that I have for hoops and BYU hoops in particular pales in comparison to the passion my wife has for her company. She has already helped dozen of women (I'm not sure if there are any males she works with... but there are males locally that do this... one couple just paid for a very nice house in Kearney missouri with cash) get out of debt and be able to work from home.

I highly reccomend if you or your loved ones are curious at all, to add my wife to your facebook friends list (melanie oscarson) and/or check out her website https://melwrapsitup.myitworks.com/Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but definately friend her on facebook (can't hurt)

She doesn't know that I'm posting this info, but I couldn't sleep tonight and got to thinking about some of the nurses that I manage and how I could help them earn additional income. I got off the phone today with one of them and she was in tears when i told her about the opportunity and she told me what it would mean to her family to have a supplemental income (and I honestly just threw it out there because I didn't know what else to tell her... I don't make the nursing pay scale at my job so I didn't know what else I could do). After I got off the phone, I realized that maybe I should share this with other people I care about (i.e. my cougarcorner family).

And yep, my ex wife makes more money than I do (this is not something I relish).... and eventually my current wife might too (that's a little more palatable), thanks in part to my ex. What a crazy world we live in.

again, thanks for letting me put that out there. I can see how the right people can have a ton of success and I've got to imagine there are some people dying for an opportinity to be their own boss and get their families out of debt. Times are tough still for even some very talented and educated people and maybe this is answer.. dunno, but 10 minutes of typing this seems like it's worth the effort it it helps even one family.

okay back to sportstalk... hopefully what I posted above can help some families.... I'm as sure that this company works as i was that Eric Mika was a bonified stud (3 years ago) and that my local guy Dennis Tinnon would have been the perfect 4 at the Y.

If someone reading this ends up having the type of success that my wife or ex have.... I totally expect them to get me some front row tix to a BYU ballgame the next time I'm in town :)
Last edited by craigoscarson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Bear with me on this... business opportunity possibllity

Post by Ddawg »

I just drove from So. Cal. to New Mexico, checked into a hotel, opened up "CC" - and what do I find myself doing - reading every word craigo-dawg posted. Very interesting. Really.

Thx for the effort - that was lengthy post. Certainly you are passionate - you've seen what your ex and current wife have achieved.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Ddawg wrote:I just drove from So. Cal. to New Mexico, checked into a hotel, opened up "CC" - and what do I find myself doing - reading every word craigo-dawg posted. Very interesting. Really.

Thx for the effort - that was lengthy post. Certainly you are passionate - you've seen what your ex and current wife have achieved.
Thanks for the kind words. I decided to get creative and try to help her and others and score some brownie points. If any of you have a facebook and twitter and want to score me some more brownie points, please feel free to share this link on your facebook. (who knows I might get lucky if she knows cougarcorner helped out)

1967cougar
Junior

Post by 1967cougar »

Craigo -

Does it come with beachfront property in Kansas?

Just kidding! Good luck to your wife (and ex).

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

1967cougar wrote:Craigo -

Does it come with beachfront property in Kansas?

Just kidding! Good luck to your wife (and ex).
Nope, but in 8 months time, my wife has paid off every credit card in this household, and built a nice college fund for our daughter. Buying a beach in Kansas was not on the top of the list. Now, if I could buy a win vs Utah next year.... :munch:

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

But do you have any shoes for sale? ;) :lol:
Last edited by Mars on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
tripwire
Sophomore

Post by tripwire »

Just another mulitlevel marketing scam.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Qman »

tripwire wrote:Just another mulitlevel marketing scam.
You know sometimes I wonder about the value of 'beauty' product.

If you think you are beautiful, then you are more beautiful then you would be if you think you are ugly.

If somekind of wrap someone feel good about themselves and people are making money selling I don't see much of a problem with this.

Though I would be very,very skeptical if my wife wanted to do this.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

That's what I thought for months. Then I tried the wraps, then I watched other people try the wraps, then I started watching the monthly checks that were rolling in for my wife.

When she showed me a $9400 check for January, I was sold. The products work, bottom line. Not all mlms are built the same. The people that got in early with herbalife, amway and even nuskin became multimillionaires. This company is new enough that it's happening to the distributors for this company right now. The rule of thumb for an mlm with good products is that the 1st 100,000 active distributors are golden if they work the business. There are currently less than 40,000 worldwide for my wife's company... it's in the golden stage and we're reaping the benefits.

Women are obsessed with beauty and feeling and looking good and I've seen them spend a lot more money for a lot of things that don't work, so there's no doubt that there's a market for this.

The "crazy wrap" thing is on fire right now. You'd have a hard time finding a woman between the age of 24-40 that hasn't at least heard someone talking about them.

My wife will easily clear $10k next month and gets a 35,000 bonus for promoting in march. I wouldn't have believed it myself if I didn't see it. But the products work and the money is insane right now.

Not only was I a major skeptic, but I also have spent my life in the medical profession; I needed to know the science behind what they sell..... and I'm now a believer. I would rather do my homework before calling something a scam. That way I don't look ignorant when it's revealed I was the one that was wrong.....
Last edited by craigoscarson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Qman wrote:
You know sometimes I wonder about the value of 'beauty' product.

If you think you are beautiful, then you are more beautiful then you would be if you think you are ugly.

If somekind of wrap someone feel good about themselves and people are making money selling I don't see much of a problem with this.

Though I would be very,very skeptical if my wife wanted to do this.
I don't claim to understand the health, fitness, and beauty industry, but I know it's a multibillion dollar industry and currently my wife's company has something that women want to try badly and when they do are having phenomenol results. (google is jammed with before and after pics of women and men using these and having success)

pm me your address and I'll have my wife send you a free wrap with instructions on how to use it; she won't miss a $30 wrap when she's clearing 10k a month from home; if it works then not only will you no longer be a skeptic, but you can be a witness. Seeing is believing; if you have a wife that wants to stay home or already is, I highly reccomend putting her in touch with my wife.
https://melwrapsitup.myitworks.com/Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not a scam, the products are real and work and the money is real. I've spent years on this forum calling peoples BS and I am very careful to be accurate with my projections, opinions and facts that I post here, particularly about hoops. I wouldn't come to cougarcorner bearing a load of crap....(well at least not since lynn stiles of the KC Chiefs (he's LDS) told me that BYU to the Big 12 was a done deal) This product and the business is real; it's new enough that people getting in now and working the business are making a truckload of money. I highly reccomend that you and your wives, loved ones at bare minimum invite my wife, melanie oscarson to be facebook friends. It might be the best decision you've made in a long time. I know because her friends that have done this with her have made enough money that they regularly message me thanking me for sharing her with them.... (like I had a choice). This business is the real deal, I'm as sure of that as I was that Manti Teo had been drinking during his recruiting weekend at the Y (I got flamed pretty good for a few days for that) Eric Mika was a monster before the world knew it and Jordan Loveridge was the 4 that this BYU squad needed to get to the tourney this year. If anyone has read my hoops posts over the last several years, they should know I don't speculate because I'm armed with enough D1 recruiting experience (and some success) that I know it when I see it. Well with my wife's company, I didn't know it when I saw it, in fact we fought for months about it. In the end, I did my homework, gave it a chance, and it has been a life changing experience for my family. I strongly suggest that if your family isn't making 6 figures right now, that you give it a chance and do your homework. I was lucky enough to make a good living prior to my wife doing this, but I honestly believe that in this time and this day that it's hard to be comfortable if a family isn't making 100k+ a year. This business can put any hardworking family over the top. In fact, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. If any of you or your wives invites my wife to be facebook friends and requests information about her company, I will personally pay for their 1st wrap, provided you pm me your name and address (they normally cost $30).