Joe dupaix and Ben cahoon?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
bcsbuster
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Joe dupaix and Ben cahoon?

Post by bcsbuster »

Does anyone know if they are coaching anywhere this year or what they are doing?

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Joe dupaix and Ben cahoon?

Post by hawkwing »

Neither are coaching.

Dupaix is selling MLM stuff (you can follow him on Twitter for details).

As for Cahoon, I haven't heard anything about what he's doing, so I'm guessing he's enjoying retirement?

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Last I heard, DuPaix is sitting out a year and spending his time visiting Fall Camp for some of the rural HS programs in the state as a guest/volunteer coach.

Cahoon is a sales rep for a medical device group....putting his Utah celebrity to work. He also has a shoe insert type company of his own that he's putting more time into.

Y12
Senior

Post by Y12 »

hawkwing wrote:Neither are coaching.

As for Cahoon, I haven't heard anything about what he's doing, so I'm guessing he's enjoying retirement?
CFL doesn't pay well enough to retire on. Maybe he could get some endorsement deals up there.

Mythranor
BLUEshirt

Post by Mythranor »

Y12 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Neither are coaching.

CFL doesn't pay well enough to retire on. Maybe he could get some endorsement deals up there.
From what I gather Cahoon has been pretty smart about his money. I know he owns at least two commercial real estate properties in Alpine (I have a friend who ones one of the businesses that leases from him) and I've heard he owns others. It doesn't take many of those types of properties to retire comfortably.

ltpwfdcm
Recruit

Post by ltpwfdcm »

Coach DuPaix is indeed involved with a network marketing company currently. I spoke to him at a fundraiser for the local HS team here in Central Utah. He told me he will be looking for coaching jobs after the season ends and heads start rolling. He said that Coach Cahoon is working with a medical device company and I do know he has some side projects also. IMO I think both coaches were good, but when you hire a new OC he needs to be able to work with people he likes/trusts/wants to work with etc. My impression is that Joe probably would have loved to stay at BYU but he understands the business and that it's just part of the coaching lifestyle. Extremely nice man, took all the time in the world to talk to me and my son. Was also able to meet Brandon Doman,Gabe Reid, Reno Mahe and Tolo'ai Ho Ching's dad at the same event. All spectacular gentlemen and couldn't have been nicer to my son and I.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

The entire coaching staff was let go so late in the process, there weren't too many good jobs available. I know Doman had a couple offers, but decided to stay in the area for at least another year.

Dupaix will probably coach next year somewhere. He's been a coach for such a long time, I don't see that changing.

Cahoon only wanted to coach at BYU. I don't see him coaching in another capacity, unless he wants to help out at a local high school.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I would love to hear who these teams were that offered Doman and for what position.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:I would love to hear who these teams were that offered Doman and for what position.
Surprised? Why?

Doman was a heckova QB coach until he had a head case 5 star QB who wasn't about to listen to anyone and then tried to take on QB coach AND offensive coordinator positions at the same time (notice that Anae did NOT undertake something similar).

Here's hoping that Doman goes on to have a successful coaching career somewhere if that's what he chooses to do! As well as Dupaix and Cahoon.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:I would love to hear who these teams were that offered Doman and for what position.
Surprised? Why?

Doman was a heckova QB coach until he had a head case 5 star QB who wasn't about to listen to anyone and then tried to take on QB coach AND offensive coordinator positions at the same time (notice that Anae did NOT undertake something similar).

Here's hoping that Doman goes on to have a successful coaching career somewhere if that's what he chooses to do! As well as Dupaix and Cahoon.
I'm surprised because I have a few mutual friends and I had heard that he hadn't gotten any interest in the div 1a level.