When did you know?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

When did you know?

Post by SpiffCoug »

For me it was after the 2nd offensive possession. Which was also our 2nd straight 3-and-out.

I knew right then the offense wasn't going to be able to do anything on offense. Kyle Whittingham simply knows how to stop any and everything Anae has ever wanted to try and do.

I knew right then we would need special teams scores - which didn't happen.

I knew right then that we would need the defense to force turnovers - which is something the Utes just don't do against BYU. They have 8 turnovers the last 9 games (we have 23). They have 29 in the last 21 games (BYU is 7-14 in last 21 games). BYU has 51 in the last 21 games.

That was when I knew we weren't going to win.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Alphaleonis
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: When did you know?

Post by Alphaleonis »

I knew on our first possession, when the wide receivers were tackled before the ball got there on two different plays with no call. Knowing that the refs were the same as in the Wis/ASU game the week before, and seeing those first three plays, I knew. That is when I stopped watching. Did the calls get better? Judging by comments on this board, they didn't.

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

Alphaleonis wrote:I knew on our first possession, when the wide receivers were tackled before the ball got there on two different plays with no call. Knowing that the refs were the same as in the Wis/ASU game the week before, and seeing those first three plays, I knew. That is when I stopped watching. Did the calls get better? Judging by comments on this board, they didn't.

The refs had very little to do with the outcome of this game. Utah flat out beat BYU in every way. Offense, defense, special teams it didn't matter Utah out coached and out played BYU again. Two weeks to prepare, hell they could of had a month it would not have mattered.

When did I know Utah was going to win? Last week when they lost to OSU. The second that game was over I knew Utah would come out looking like a top 25 team and after last night I think they just might be a top 25 team.

jacksonman
BLUEshirt

Post by jacksonman »

When Anae ran two runs up the gut then an incomplete pass on 3rd and long for the 4th or 5th time, that is when I knew.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Wolfman
Freshman
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by Wolfman »

I knew before the game started...

http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?p=175352#p175352

... and it didn't take a rocket scientist to foresee... Hill is one dimensional and Whit was going to stack the box and make him beat the Utes with his arm which he wasn't going to be able to do. 40 for 120 passing on the season is absolutely dreadful... ESPN is probably kicking themselves for signing a contract with BYU. I figured we'd see the Virginia game Cougar offense and that's what we got.

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Alphaleonis wrote:I knew on our first possession, when the wide receivers were tackled before the ball got there on two different plays with no call. Knowing that the refs were the same as in the Wis/ASU game the week before, and seeing those first three plays, I knew. That is when I stopped watching. Did the calls get better? Judging by comments on this board, they didn't.
I had my first strong suspicion at this point, but I knew for sure once Sorenson missed the FG. That deflated the team and the stadium. At that point we all knew it was 2012 all over again and we'd need TD's to win. BYU is an embarrassing football program for the 4th year in a row.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Call me delusional, but I didn't know until about 30 seconds left

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

When Robert Anae was re-hired.

I have been telling people all week long that we would lose. Even predicted it here on the board and in the mini game. BYU doesn't have a clue on how to win that game. Out coached and out prepared in every facet of the game.

You can't win with superior talent when your coaching and preperation is sub par. Bronco has now learned that 6 times out of the last 9 years... and two more of Broncos wins came down to the last couple minutes, and 4th down plays, and could have easily went the other way.
Last edited by Brayden Green on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

northerncougar
Junior

Post by northerncougar »

BlueIsBetter wrote:When Robert Anae was re-hired.

I have been telling people all week long that we would lose. Even predicted it here on the board and in the mini game. BYU doesn't have a clue on how to win that game. Out coached and out prepared in every facet of the game.

You can't win with superior talent when your coaching and preperation is sub par. Bronco has now learned that 6 times out of the last 9 years... and two more of those wins came down to the last couple minutes.
Yep. Back in Feb when Anae was hired. I think it was Feb. I mentioned it could be a disaster.

Bronco has no clue what he is doing in this game. Now we have to live with this result for three years.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

At half time. I suspected before then but didn't accept it till the end of the first half.

Re-hiring Anae was dumb. Hiring Doman was dumb. I get the sense when deciding an OC, Bronco favors the OC that will tow the company line not the OC that will bring something knew to the table.

Was Doman's offense really any different from Anae's? Perhaps the formations but we still ran the ball the first two downs with little to no success and then attempted to throw it on 3rd and long.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel