Idaho State @ Brigham Young unofficial game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Idaho State @ Brigham Young unofficial game thread

Post by SpiffCoug »

Supposedly Munns wanted other players to get reps. Why burn an RS here? Stupid.

Munns was a complete waste of a scholarship.

He contributed, almost, nothing to the program.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

scott715 wrote:Good bye to the 22 seniors. At least they have three more games left.

Tyler Beck, JD Falslev, Kaneakua Friel, Spencer Hadley, Mike Hague, Cody Hoffman, Adam Hogan, Austin Holt, Austen Jorgensen, Scott LeFrandt, Eathyn Manumaleuna, Marcus Mathews, Blake Morgan, Jason Munns, Kevin O’Mary, Skyler Ridley, Daniel Sorensen, Justin Sorensen, Uani ‘Unga, Manaaki Vaitai, Kyle Van Noy, Richard Wilson.

Now tell me why they put Billy Green in and burned his redshirt? It should have been Munns.
Announcers indicated Munns declined and asked coaches to give the young guys more reps. Now burning the red-shirt for Billy The Kid - head scratcher on that one.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Cougarbib wrote: Now burning the red-shirt for Billy The Kid - head scratcher on that one.
I'm 100% in favor of giving reps to guys who it has become apparent will never contribute meaningfully in a game, whether it be in garbage time or on special teams. That way we move them out of the program a year faster and free up their scholarship/roster spot.

I'm sure Billy is okay with it as well--he's buried so deep that he would never play a single-snap otherwise, so burning the redshirt was his moment in the sun in college football.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

snoscythe wrote:
Cougarbib wrote: Now burning the red-shirt for Billy The Kid - head scratcher on that one.
I'm 100% in favor of giving reps to guys who it has become apparent will never contribute meaningfully in a game, whether it be in garbage time or on special teams. That way we move them out of the program a year faster and free up their scholarship/roster spot.

I'm sure Billy is okay with it as well--he's buried so deep that he would never play a single-snap otherwise, so burning the redshirt was his moment in the sun in college football.
Bronco did indicate that it had been discussed in advance and Billy wanted to play. As to whether he will ever contribute. Depends on injuries and HC violations. A lot of people thought Steve Young would never play QB.

But I understand not giving snaps to Munns. I would have given them to AO.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
ProV1
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ProV1 »

I'm so proud that my unofficial thread made it to 4 pages! My greatest CC accomplishment.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

ProV1 wrote:I'm so proud that my unofficial thread made it to 4 pages! My greatest CC accomplishment.
It always helps to get all of the game comments in one thread. Mission accomplished.

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

Wolfman wrote:By the way, how come there's no Utah-Oregon thread? I would think you guys would be drooling over what the Ducks are going to do to the Utes? They're going to come into the game pretty pissed over what happened last week in Palo Alto. Actually, Utah beating Oregon would make the Cougs' loss to the Utes a little less painful and help with SOS. Since there are no predictions yet, I'll take Oregon 41-17.
Wow Wolfe. You were close on you prediction to the real score.
I was at the game in Oregon, and I enjoyed the ute loss.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

snoscythe wrote:

yep